Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3 Average
repair or replace
Hi Everyone,

I'm a Newbie in the middle of reading lots of forum threads, so apols for any questions which have already been discussed elsewhere - happy to be redirected as needed.

I have had a Came 243 system installed for 15yrs approx on a sliding metal gate but not used/working for the last 2 yrs. I have been told it is due to the motor being kaput. Leaves and dirt have accumulated so I know a good clean and overhaul of the track is needed.

Question : Should I buy a new complete system or can I get a replacement motor (Part number 9903092 - see 1 of the attached photos)  or a full motor unit with all of the electronics as a package or swap out parts of the system - intercom, motor, remotes, infrared sensors, track, etc?

If its a full new motor/electrics unit are there any which would fit into the current CAME 243 box location as I would rather not start drilling new holes in the driveway and I'd rather reuse where able existing installed items if they will work with a new box.

Any advice as I've been quoted £5,000 for a new system by a professional installer.

rgds

Martin

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi,

Due to the age of your system an exact replacement will not be possible. You will be able to reuse all your accessories which do not come in a complete new kit (Motor, control panel, remotes, photocells.) You will also like struggle to find a new model motor to fit on the exact footprint of the old motor due the design changes over the years.
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replace Remote Control H-055 agafed 2 11,095 02-11-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Matt Turner
  Does anyone know what will replace this?! cjones 4 16,193 28-05-2017, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  Intermitent Remote Control Cause/Repair saronson 0 10,512 24-10-2016, 02:06 AM
Last Post: saronson
Cool Does anyone know this fob or what could replace with dawn 2 14,975 24-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Last Post: dawn