Thread Rating:
  • 418 Vote(s) - 2.94 Average
Frog p 230v or 24v ?
Hi,

I have just joined the forum, and was hoping to have a few questions answered please.

What is the difference between a 230v kit and a 24v kit that came make?

Which is preferred fitment and why?

Type of cables I need to run from the house for the following fitted:

Video intercom system with one handset for the house and one for the garage,

Magnetic gate lock.

Regards,
Stuart.
Hi Stuart,
The main difference between the two systems is the 24V kits have an option for a battery backup, which in the event of a power failure, will grant access to your property still. You will also want to take note of whether the system you purchase has encoders built into the motors. This is available on both 230V and 24V systems in the CAME range and basically ensures a much better obstacle detection and force reversal than motors without encoders. However, if you have a fully cladded wooden gate, this may not be the best option for having encoders in the motors. As you would notice, a fully cladded gate would act much as a sail does and wind could prove a nuisance in trying to operate your gates as normal. The force sensing technology would just keep reversing it.
In this scenario I would use the standard motors, but apply safety edges to any hazardous areas where the gate could crush or shear when operating.
We supply both and can offer the best discounts on these systems. If you want any further information, please contact us on 0845 054 5070.

(03-02-2013, 07:09 PM)Emilyjudy Wrote: Hi,

I have just joined the forum, and was hoping to have a few questions answered please.

What is the difference between a 230v kit and a 24v kit that came make?

Which is preferred fitment and why?

Type of cables I need to run from the house for the following fitted:

Video intercom system with one handset for the house and one for the garage,

Magnetic gate lock.

Regards,
Stuart.
Dave Blake

EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd | EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts | Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
Thanks for your advice, my gates are only about 1.8 m wide and 1.6 high and although a fully clad gate there will be approx 450mm of balustrade design on the top so I would think from a wind point of view I would be ok using motors with the encoders.
As I understand it the came frog p kit has just about all I need in a kit with the exception of the magnet lock and intercom system. If you can give me a quote on the frog p kit I would be grateful.

Can you give me some info on cable type and size I should run for the supply to the gates and also do you know if CAT5E cable is the correct type for an intercom with video screen in house only but with a number pad on the outside to use for entry.

I was told that you should not run cat5 in the same ducting as your supply cable, is this true?

Thanks again.
For your Encoder which I would always recommend you use (making you system compliant easier, or if it is a wind exposed and doesn't function this feature can be tured off) make sure you use the Belden 8723 cable. This is a shielded twisted pair and the only cable CAME gaureentee their encoders to work with.
If you were getting the Frog 230v make sure it's the AE motor on a ZM3E control board. Or the Frog AE24v the ZLJ24 board. These are excellent and give you complete control over sensitivity etc.

Oh a CAT 5 fine for all low voltage accessories
Can anyone help 1st gate will not operate,replaced za4 control board,also new motor,still not working motor getting warm but not moving,second motor fine
Might be a shot in the dark but have you changed the start up capacitor ?

Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAME Frog AE-p24 kit Push Button Stuartl 2 1,481 20-10-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Stuartl
  Frog A24E motor stopping SW1806 7 5,848 24-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: SamA
  Came FROG-A + ZA3 controller > gates wont close safety beam endam 6 7,634 23-02-2023, 01:09 PM
  Came FROG A noisy fezster 1 3,616 30-09-2022, 03:16 PM
  Came FROG - one leaf occasionally does not open fezster 3 7,484 03-08-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Came ZM3E and Frog Motors both opening on M1 not seperately giuseppem 1 15,806 11-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  Frog - ZA3: gates won't open BarryD 0 10,181 15-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Last Post: BarryD
  CAME Frog and Daitem 902 jderuk 1 16,906 08-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Last Post: stephen70