Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average
MHouse SL1-10 partial close
Hi there,

I'm having a strange issue with my gate and hoping someone can please help.

My MHouse SL1-10 gate has for the past week only been closing to about 30% closed. It slows down prior and then the switch can be heard in the motor - it doesn't just stop mid-way at full speed like you'd expect if there was an obstruction. It opens normally from both the 100% closed and 30% closed positions, so its not an encoder issue. We've also figured out a work around by hitting the gate remote button 2 times in quick sucession from the 30% closed position. If this is done anywhere from say 25-0% closed, the gate will stop at about 30% again.

I've followed the procedure of using the OPEN button to re-learn the gate limits from the halfway mark, which works without issue. However the above problem persists afterwards during normal operation via any of the remotes.

I then did a factory reset by holding down P2 and P3 for 10s, confirmed the reset had worked by checking the remotes and gate OPEN buttons no longer work, re-learnt the ECSBUS by holding P2 for 3s and then went through the learning gate limits process again. This time when learning the limits the speed was slow the entire time, as expected. However after learning the limits correctly, normal operation results in the gate still coming to a gradual stop at 30% closed.

I'd really appreciate any advice on what to do. Thanks.
(24-04-2022, 10:04 AM)NAT Wrote: Hi there,

I'm having a strange issue with my gate and hoping someone can please help.

My MHouse SL1-10 gate has for the past week only been closing to about 30% closed. It slows down prior and then the switch can be heard in the motor - it doesn't just stop mid-way at full speed like you'd expect if there was an obstruction. It opens normally from both the 100% closed and 30% closed positions, so its not an encoder issue. We've also figured out a work around by hitting the gate remote button 2 times in quick sucession from the 30% closed position. If this is done anywhere from say 25-0% closed, the gate will stop at about 30% again.

I've followed the procedure of using the OPEN button to re-learn the gate limits from the halfway mark, which works without issue. However the above problem persists afterwards during normal operation via any of the remotes.

I then did a factory reset by holding down P2 and P3 for 10s, confirmed the reset had worked by checking the remotes and gate OPEN buttons no longer work, re-learnt the ECSBUS by holding P2 for 3s and then went through the learning gate limits process again. This time when learning the limits the speed was slow the entire time, as expected. However after learning the limits correctly, normal operation results in the gate still coming to a gradual stop at 30% closed.

I'd really appreciate any advice on what to do. Thanks.
Hi Nat,

It sounds as though it could be something mechanical on the gate causing it to see an obstruction, when the fault occurs what does the ECSbus LED flash? When you manually release the gate and push it from open to closed does any friction occur?
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(03-05-2022, 10:08 AM)SamA Wrote: Hi Nat,

It sounds as though it could be something mechanical on the gate causing it to see an obstruction, when the fault occurs what does the ECSbus LED flash? When you manually release the gate and push it from open to closed does any friction occur?

Hi SamA,

Thank you for your response. Apologies for only just seeing it.

I did as you suggested and the gate manually opens and closes freely past the problem point.
I even gave it a firm push as it was closing automatically and it fought against me from the same point where it gradually slows down before coming to a stop. It's the same sequence it does once it approaches the fully closed position.

Regarding ECSbus flashing: when issuing open or close comand there's 4 long flashes. Once it reaches the fully closed or fully open point and stops there's 2 long flashes. When the gate stops at the problem location when closing there's no long flashes, the constant quick flashing just keeps going uninterupted.

Any ideas what this means?
(08-05-2022, 11:43 AM)NAT Wrote:

Hi SamA,

I did as you suggested and the gate manually opens and closes freely past the problem point.
I even gave it a firm push as it was closing automatically and it fought against me from the same point where it gradually slows down before coming to a stop. It's the same sequence it does once it approaches the fully closed position.

Regarding ECSbus flashing: when issuing open or close comand there's 4 long flashes. Once it reaches the fully closed or fully open point and stops there's 2 long flashes. When the gate stops at the problem location when closing there's no long flashes, the constant quick flashing just keeps going uninterupted.

Hi,

2 long flashes means the photocell is being triggered at a certain point and 4 flashes mean that the stop input is being triggered. Try taking out all of your accessories such as anything wired into stop, ecsbus, open, close, pp, sbs. Do an Ecsbus search by pressing and holding P2 button for 3 seconds the release. Wait until LED 2 goes off and then try the gate. If the problem clears, reintroduce the accessories one by one by plugging one accessory in and doing the ECSbus search as mentioned above until you find what is causing the issue.

(16-05-2022, 11:49 AM)SamA Wrote:

Hi SamA,

Hi,

2 long flashes means the photocell is being triggered at a certain point and 4 flashes mean that the stop input is being triggered. Try taking out all of your accessories such as anything wired into stop, ecsbus, open, close, pp, sbs. Do an Ecsbus search by pressing and holding P2 button for 3 seconds the release. Wait until LED 2 goes off and then try the gate. If the problem clears, reintroduce the accessories one by one by plugging one accessory in and doing the ECSbus search as mentioned above until you find what is causing the issue.
Hi SamA,

Thanks for the tip. I followed your suggestions and even with all accesories removed and then re-learning the ecsbus it still comes to a gradual stop at about 1/3 closed. Same as before it doesn't do it when learning the gate limits.

Do you have any other ideas I could try?
(28-05-2022, 04:56 AM)NAT Wrote:
(16-05-2022, 11:49 AM)SamA Wrote:

Hi SamA,

Hi,

Hi SamA,

Thanks for the tip. I followed your suggestions and even with all accesories removed and then re-learning the ecsbus it still comes to a gradual stop at about 1/3 closed. Same as before it doesn't do it when learning the gate limits.

Do you have any other ideas I could try?

Hi Nat,

I would recommend doing a full reset of the board. This is done by pressing and holding P2 and P3 together for around 10 seconds then release. Wait around 10 further seconds and take out all of your accessories such as anything wired into stop, ecsbus, open, close, pp, sbs. Do an Ecsbus search by pressing and holding P2 button for 3 seconds the release. Wait until LED 2 goes off and then try the gate. If the problem still occurs, manually release the gate and put it halfway and lock it back into electric mode. Then press and release P3 and the gate should relearn its limits.

Kindest Regards,

Sam.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mhouse cl2 error p2 and p3 flashes Ragnarevartov 1 291 20-03-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Aiden Mitton
  Mhouse cl2 ESBus error - gate not operating yeatsie 1 952 30-01-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Mhouse left gate blocking full open when initialising gates neil.conner 1 1,166 24-08-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Aiden Mitton
  Mhouse SL1 won't close correctly Dartman 5 7,373 03-02-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Mhouse WH2S not opening SamGate 4 3,591 10-10-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Michael
  MHouse SL10 closes, but doesn't open cambo 1 2,992 19-08-2022, 09:29 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Mhouse WS2 Gates not closing together pauln0301 1 5,207 13-04-2022, 11:18 AM
  Mhouse WG20 Alex74 1 5,722 04-02-2022, 11:05 AM
  MHouse WS2S Bricodust 2 9,332 30-03-2021, 01:26 PM