Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
NICE MC82H - connecting maglock
I am looking to connect my maglock to the NICE MC824H panel. The maglock has 6 wires and indicates different wiring diagrams for either 12v or 24 DC, including monitor wires.

According to the Nice installation instructions I should connect a positive and negative power supply for the maglock directly into the 'EL' terminals on the board. This implies that the relay functions and all other control aspects are integrated into the Nice board and therefore there is no need for an additional relay. Is this the case and if so what is the best thing to do with the additional control indicator wires coming from the maglock - should they just be removed and not used?

Thanks

Daniel
(05-10-2022, 01:24 PM)grangerd Wrote: I am looking to connect my maglock to the NICE MC824H panel. The maglock has 6 wires and indicates different wiring diagrams for either 12v or 24 DC, including monitor wires.

According to the Nice installation instructions I should connect a positive and negative power supply for the maglock directly into the 'EL' terminals on the board. This implies that the relay functions and all other control aspects are integrated into the Nice board and therefore there is no need for an additional relay. Is this the case and if so what is the best thing to do with the additional control indicator wires coming from the maglock - should they just be removed and not used?

Thanks

Daniel

Hi,

To use a magnetic lock on the NICE boards you will require a separate relay (preferable variable voltage such as the ACC64F) or use a 12v relay. You will then also need a 12v separate dedicated power supply.

You will wire from the ELS on the board into the positive and negative of the variable relay. From the common of the relay into the negative of the power supply. From the Normally Closed (NC) on the relay to the negative on the maglock. Then from the positive of the mag lock to the positive on the separate power supply.

Hope this helps.

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(06-10-2022, 10:41 AM)Thanks Sam, That makes sense - for my sanity from what you are saying the ELS terminals on the board simply send a very low voltage signal to the relay to tell it to operate, is that correct?In addition am I correct in assuming that the additional signal wires connected to the maglock are not used and can just be removed from the maglock itself?Cheers Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 01:24 PM)grangerd Wrote: I am looking to connect my maglock to the NICE MC824H panel. The maglock has 6 wires and indicates different wiring diagrams for either 12v or 24 DC, including monitor wires.

Thanks

Daniel

Hi,

To use a magnetic lock on the NICE boards you will require a separate relay (preferable variable voltage such as the ACC64F) or use a 12v relay. You will then also need a 12v separate dedicated power supply.

You will wire from the ELS on the board into the positive and negative of the variable relay. From the common of the relay into the negative of the power supply. From the Normally Closed (NC) on the relay to the negative on the maglock. Then from the positive of the mag lock to the positive on the separate power supply.

Hope this helps.

Sam.
(07-10-2022, 09:25 AM)grangerd Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 10:41 AM)Thanks Sam, That makes sense - for my sanity from what you are saying the ELS terminals on the board simply send a very low voltage signal to the relay to tell it to operate, is that correct?In addition am I correct in assuming that the additional signal wires connected to the maglock are not used and can just be removed from the maglock itself?Cheers Wrote:

Thanks

Daniel

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Sam.
Hi,

That is correct, the ELS is used to power the relay. Also, you only need to use the positive and negative on the maglock, all the other wires are unused.

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nice robus D400 smartphone control YOSH 1 887 05-03-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Nice MC800 Wiring issue Adamzsite 2 885 05-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Michael
  nice robus troubleshooting tarmongaidon 7 16,822 30-01-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: hasanova
  Nice photo sensor issue F210 and MC824H gates won’t operate Tantrum 1 1,875 04-01-2024, 10:06 AM
  Nice Robus RBA3c Wifi Relay Switch Wiring denis 1 2,346 01-11-2023, 09:45 AM
  NICE MC800 Factory Reset bg148 5 3,360 12-10-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Nice MCA1 stuck open after stop command Khooke 1 2,630 25-09-2023, 10:47 AM
  Nice transmitters - compatibility Noghar 6 6,770 10-10-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Nice Robus Don't Auto Close!!!! Ali_1982 1 4,381 03-08-2022, 02:23 PM
  NICE MC800 for failed A60 mindy bg148 2 4,841 17-06-2022, 12:25 PM