Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
CAME sliding gate drops codes after power outage
I have a CAME BXV series sliding gate motor. Operated fine for a couple of years. Now whenever there is a power outage, the motor loses the codes and cannot be operated by any of the three  remotes we have.

I can remove the cover and push the > < buttons and the gates open and close fine. I then re-program the motor using a remote as per the manual and the gate will work fine for weeks, months etc until we have another power outage and then stops responding to the remotes again when the power comes back on.

I have had the original installer out twice who doesn't have a clue what is happening and I'm reluctant to try someone else without a bit of an idea what it might be.

I have tried support at CAME without luck as yet.

Is there a battery or memory chip that could be faulty?

Many thanks

Mark
(01-03-2023, 05:46 AM)Catch Wrote: I have a CAME BXV series sliding gate motor. Operated fine for a couple of years. Now whenever there is a power outage, the motor loses the codes and cannot be operated by any of the three  remotes we have.

I can remove the cover and push the > < buttons and the gates open and close fine. I then re-program the motor using a remote as per the manual and the gate will work fine for weeks, months etc until we have another power outage and then stops responding to the remotes again when the power comes back on.

I have had the original installer out twice who doesn't have a clue what is happening and I'm reluctant to try someone else without a bit of an idea what it might be.

I have tried support at CAME without luck as yet.

Is there a battery or memory chip that could be faulty?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi,

Its very strange that it knocks out the internal receiver. 

The only things i can suggest is to wire an external receiver in instead. I would also wire a surge protector/inline filter in series with the mains supply. This will prevent over voltage when the power cut occurs and comes back on.

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ZN7 Undervoltage, no power to photocell sundried 1 1,716 24-04-2023, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Matt Turner
  Came Gates - power cut issues Paddy_SP 2 7,091 22-07-2021, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Paddy_SP
  Link Came F7000 gate openers to Enterview 3 Intercom Jackolantern 2 10,236 23-04-2020, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Luke Scott
  CAME ZLJ24 panel - Open gate indicator-light Domcov 1 16,509 02-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  Came sliding gate sticking on opening Jellybean 0 9,328 02-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Jellybean
  Came gate opening adjustments TobagoGate 0 25,186 20-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Last Post: TobagoGate