Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Liftmaster CB1 gates started to open themselves
My Liftmaster gates have, as of yesterday, started opening themselves. Yesterday my keyfobs (4 of them) started to either not work or only one of the gate opened. I tried to reset by turning off/on the power and even tried to re-learn the keys. But still only the one gate opened (CH1). After leaving for a while I retired the gates via the keypad and both gates opened and then the keyfobs started to work again. Later I found the gates were fully opened so I closed them. At 3AM this morning I heard them open, so I closed them and then 10-20mins later I heard them open again so I turned off the power. This morning I powered them back on and later found them open again.
Hello,

There could be a possible cable break from the keypad to the control panel which could be shorting and causing the open signals. I would recommend disconnecting your keypad from the system and monitoring whether the random activation continues. If the random activation does continue it could be a fault on one of your remotes or the receiver unit. Re instate the keypad and remove the memory of the remotes, if this stops the random activation, reprogram the remotes one by one and monitor until you find the remote which is causing the issue.

I hope this if of some assistance.
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(23-12-2019, 04:16 PM)RyanB Wrote: Hello,

There could be a possible cable break from the keypad to the control panel which could be shorting and causing the open signals. I would recommend disconnecting your keypad from the system and monitoring whether the random activation continues. If the random activation does continue it could be a fault on one of your remotes or the receiver unit. Re instate the keypad and remove the memory of the remotes, if this stops the random activation, reprogram the remotes one by one and monitor until you find the remote which is causing the issue.

Thanks RyanB - Are you able to give some guidance on what terminals I need to disconnect for the keypad?
(24-12-2019, 09:25 AM)telnet123 Wrote:
(23-12-2019, 04:16 PM)RyanB Wrote: Hello,

Thanks RyanB - Are you able to give some guidance on what terminals I need to disconnect for the keypad?

Ok - after speaking to your helpful support team it was mentioned moisture could be the cause, so I have cleaned and dried out the "weatherproof" box containing the CB1 board and the SRS switch and sealed any holes with sealant. This appears to have resolved the issue. I now have another issue where only one gate opens after reprogramming. I'll raise another post for this.
Hello,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My swing gates are stuck at 50% open jctrotting 0 92 25-03-2024, 12:41 AM
Last Post: jctrotting
  Liftmaster LA400 Defender 6 9,294 03-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Torantrieb
  odd liftmaster scs300-24 scopie88 3 11,313 13-04-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet Gateway Registration/Connection issues! Carmody 0 11,606 09-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Carmody
  Advice on new gate install - LIFTMASTER LYN424 Leeb 1 15,465 22-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Last Post: russ
  Liftmaster MYQ Internet gateway koen_dc 1 16,367 24-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Last Post: RyanB
  Sliding gates are opening/closing like someone is going in /out. gandreja 3 8,178 14-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: RyanB
  Chamberlain Liftmaster gate problem CB1 Armstrong 2 30,593 13-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Pop Alexandra
  CB1 How to learn the gates telnet123 1 14,639 30-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Tim
  Liftmaster sliding gate Kar1e 1 17,182 08-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Sav