Thread Rating:
  • 213 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Can attempt to add remote but does not open gates
Hi guys,

I have a Rigel 5 controlling the gates for my apartment's parking, and I have been trying to add a remote key fob, but it does not seem to work.

I can go through the process, going to "radio" on the board, selecting "add start", it asks for the hidden button, I hold the two buttons, it asks to release, desired button, press one, then instead of it saying "OK XX" it says "kO" or "k0". Then when trying to use the key from all different angles and distances, it won't do anything.

I have a key that was supplied to me, this still works without issue, opening the gates as it should. I have tried the remote adding of the new key using the old key, all inputs I make with both keys register on the board screen so I know it is picking everything up, but once I've selected my desired button, it just says K0 and then goes back to the "add start" menu option before timing out.

I have added a couple of keys to the board before successfully for neighbours (£10-£15 on eBay or £64 from apartment owners). This is also the second new key I've tried (bought a Mitto 2 which did the same, I sent it back and got a Mitto 2B and still doing it.)

Does anyone know what the issue is? Is there any way to resolve it? I can not find anything useful in the manuals.

Thank you.
(21-09-2016, 10:06 PM)conchiron Wrote: Hi guys,

I have a Rigel 5 controlling the gates for my apartment's parking, and I have been trying to add a remote key fob, but it does not seem to work.

I can go through the process, going to "radio" on the board, selecting "add start", it asks for the hidden button, I hold the two buttons, it asks to release, desired button, press one, then instead of it saying "OK XX" it says "kO" or "k0". Then when trying to use the key from all different angles and distances, it won't do anything.

I have a key that was supplied to me, this still works without issue, opening the gates as it should. I have tried the remote adding of the new key using the old key, all inputs I make with both keys register on the board screen so I know it is picking everything up, but once I've selected my desired button, it just says K0 and then goes back to the "add start" menu option before timing out.

I have added a couple of keys to the board before successfully for neighbours (£10-£15 on eBay or £64 from apartment owners). This is also the second new key I've tried (bought a Mitto 2 which did the same, I sent it back and got a Mitto 2B and still doing it.)

Does anyone know what the issue is? Is there any way to resolve it? I can not find anything useful in the manuals.

Thank you.

hi conchiron

There is a limited allowance of remotes you can program onto those BFT boards. The maximum amount is 63 transmitters which is easily reached if you live in a block of flats for instance. BFT sells additional plug-in receivers with allowances of 250 remotes I think.

But I would try to program another remote first if you could get hold of one, just to see whether the issue comes from the receiver or the transmitter.

You can free some space by physically gathering all remotes first, erase all remotes out of the memory and then reprogram all the remotes.

This will erase the codes that are not in use anymore i.e lost or broken remotes, people who move out and keep the remotes etc..

But it is hard work with no guarantee in the end. buying an additional receiver is probably your best bet
(09-10-2016, 04:47 PM)frenchconnection67 Wrote:
(21-09-2016, 10:06 PM)conchiron Wrote: Hi guys,

Thank you.

hi conchiron

There is a limited allowance of remotes you can program onto those BFT boards. The maximum amount is 63 transmitters which is easily reached if you live in a block of flats for instance. BFT sells additional plug-in receivers with allowances of 250 remotes I think.

But I would try to program another remote first if you could get hold of one, just to see whether the issue comes from the receiver or the transmitter.

You can free some space by physically gathering all remotes first, erase all remotes out of the memory and then reprogram all the remotes.

This will erase the codes that are not in use anymore i.e lost or broken remotes, people who move out and keep the remotes etc..

But it is hard work with no guarantee in the end. buying an additional receiver is probably your best bet

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

So I looked into it a bit more, and you are right, the board currently has 63 keys connected to it. I was shocked as there are only 12 apartments using the gate, and most were only given one key, but nonetheless the board is claiming it has 63 keys registered. The gate owner's might have realised I was programming them for neighbours and added a bunch of keys to it or something.

As much as I would love to wipe the keys, we have a neighbour who tells the landlords everything that happens here, she even reported one of our neighbours for not taxing their car which is against our tenancy agreement to have an untaxed car in the carpark, the only way she would know that is if she actually put the effort into searching the car reg's on the gov website.... So yeah, wiping isn't exactly an option.

I've bought a used key that looks like my working one, I'm probably just going to call them and say my fob is not working then give them the new one and claim it's my original, they shouldn't be able to tell.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ecosol/Kustos doesn't open and close fully? supremee 3 2,063 09-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: EdwardBab
  BFT LUX2B Intermittent failure to open brookkr 4 7,954 07-09-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  BFT Thalia ‘Hold Open’ hehasmoments 5 4,134 24-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 3,506 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
  Gates not fully closing stefen1978@hotmail.co.uk 2 2,659 10-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Best BFT for closed aluminium gates rafp 1 2,964 13-04-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT controlled gates open but don't close MikeJep 5 19,634 04-01-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Remote only working close up Uphill 0 2,560 03-10-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Uphill
  Phobos N L BT one leaf won’t open BigJC 0 3,052 11-06-2021, 01:33 PM
Last Post: BigJC
  Rigel 6 - doors do not stay open Poweroftaxi 1 8,925 13-04-2021, 02:41 PM
Last Post: JamieF