Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Set remote to “only open” gate
On Rigel 6 a button press on our remotes will:
Pressed whilst closed -> open
Pressed during opening -> stop
Pressed whilst stopped -> close or open (depending on what they were doing before they were stopped)

However we would like to change it so that a button press will only ever open the gates. This avoids the annoying occurrence where one person has clicked to open and another unknowingly presses on their remote and stops the gates. Gate will close automatically after usual delay.

Is it possible to change the settings?
(17-01-2023, 08:36 AM)mark123499 Wrote: On Rigel 6 a button press on our remotes will:
Pressed whilst closed -> open
Pressed during opening -> stop
Pressed whilst stopped -> close or open (depending on what they were doing before they were stopped)

However we would like to change it so that a button press will only ever open the gates. This avoids the annoying occurrence where one person has clicked to open and another unknowingly presses on their remote and stops the gates. Gate will close automatically after usual delay.

Is it possible to change the settings?

Hi,

This will be done in the parameters. You will need to go into the "logic" section and change "1ch" from "0" to "2". What this is doing is changing the logic of the remote from step by step to open only.

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
Hi Sam,

Thank you for getting back to me on this. I've found the settings on the board but have not yet made the change.

Am I correct in thinking that the change you have proposed would mean that a button press would open the gates and they would remain open? I would like them to close after a time delay. But would also like it set such that a button press will only ever open the gates. 

Really appreciate your input, thanks again.

Mark
(23-05-2023, 08:46 AM)mark123499 Wrote: Hi Sam,

Thank you for getting back to me on this. I've found the settings on the board but have not yet made the change.

Am I correct in thinking that the change you have proposed would mean that a button press would open the gates and they would remain open? I would like them to close after a time delay. But would also like it set such that a button press will only ever open the gates. 

Really appreciate your input, thanks again.

Mark

I also want to know this thing about the gates. 
Yes the work is must appriciatable.
Sam’s method worked. Setting it to “open” still means the gates close after the Tca (automatic closing time).

All is covered on the manual. Extracts attached. I’ve scribbled out the password section as we don’t have one set (which is the default setting)

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gate wont close issue MR_ROBOT 3 9,756 11-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Bft gate problem djkokalis 1 1,295 14-02-2024, 12:39 PM
  BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing AdrianMate 1 977 14-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Ecosol/Kustos doesn't open and close fully? supremee 3 2,404 09-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: EdwardBab
  BFT Rigel 4 - single Gate Not Closing Tsnash 1 1,182 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
  BFT sliding gate intermittent operation vozm100 5 2,215 02-10-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT LUX2B Intermittent failure to open brookkr 4 8,084 07-09-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  BFT Thalia ‘Hold Open’ hehasmoments 5 4,335 24-08-2023, 01:38 PM
  Parallel (or not) gate motors Ian Evans 1 2,482 16-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Last Post: SamA
  BFT Thalia GSM gate opener SunnyB1 1 3,032 07-03-2022, 10:58 AM