Thread Rating:
  • 397 Vote(s) - 2.91 Average
Opening and Closing By Itself
Question 
Hi All,

New to all this. Pse can somebody help - this is driving me insane!

Situation: got a Nice Mindy A6F control panel with two electromagnets on it. Single gate, one motor.

Problem: gates seem to be opening and closing by themselves at random intervals. Can go for days without doing it and then do it for about 20 / 30 mins at a time seemingly without any predictability.

What I've done so far: changed DIP switch code (2^10 = 1024 combos) but that's not stopped it.

Tried a bit of self help via google searches but has come to nothing so I've joined this forum.

Could it be any of the following:

1. dodgy board? (fried electrics? slugs?)
2. dodgy wiring off the second electromagnet causing it to short the board? (struggle to see this though because it can go for days without doing it?)
3. somebody cloned by keyfob?
4. could low batteries in the keyfobs cause it?
5. operates on 433.2MHz but I understand a whole heap of other stuff operates on this freq. so could it be interference?
6. is there a battery on the control board? (like a lithium battery that computers have on their motherboards?)

Maybe I'm clutching at straws but this is driving me insane. Mahooosively grateful for any advice. Cheers,

(07-06-2012, 09:18 PM)bobbyfischer Wrote: Hi All,

Situation: got a Nice Mindy A6F control panel with two electromagnets on it. Single gate, one motor.

Problem: gates seem to be opening and closing by themselves at random intervals. Can go for days without doing it and then do it for about 20 / 30 mins at a time seemingly without any predictability.

What I've done so far: changed DIP switch code (2^10 = 1024 combos) but that's not stopped it.

Tried a bit of self help via google searches but has come to nothing so I've joined this forum.

2. dodgy wiring off the second electromagnet causing it to short the board? (struggle to see this though because it can go for days without doing it?)
5. operates on 433.2MHz but I understand a whole heap of other stuff operates on this freq. so could it be interference?
6. is there a battery on the control board? (like a lithium battery that computers have on their motherboards?)

Maybe I'm clutching at straws but this is driving me insane. Mahooosively grateful for any advice. Cheers,

As the Electro Magnets and all other equipment is an addon to the system i would un wire or dis connect all the accesories ie maglocks and intercom and keypad so the system is back to standard and just working from remote controls and test the system like this if all is okay then add the accessories 1 at a time and re test then at the end of it you shgould have an answer what is causing the problem.

Any of the reasons you mentioned could be causing the problems so if you take it back to standard and eliminate the problem 1 step at a time you should get to the bottom of it.

EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
[quote='bobbyfischer' pid='5844' dateline='1339100338']
Hi All,

[Hi

Can you tell me whether you were able to overcome your difficulties as I have a similar problem? Unfortunately I am not so technically minded as yourself and therefore any support or guidance you or anyone else can provide would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gate stuck after opening. rixman 4 610 11-04-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  ROBUS 400 OPEENING CLOSING ISSUES warren203 1 2,439 08-08-2023, 02:16 PM
  Robus 600 not opening - Bluebus flashing DaveB 1 7,788 27-03-2020, 06:14 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Nice TOO 3000 Gate opener not closing Sully 1 8,333 17-03-2020, 11:34 AM
  Mindy A60 and closing issue alarmeng 2 14,388 09-03-2017, 11:41 AM