Thread Rating:
  • 221 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average
Geniss Gates with Genius BRAIN 03 Control Board
Wink 
Hello Everyone,

I have just joined the forum so a Newbie Smile

After reading previous threads I haven't found the same problem so I am hoping you can ALL help. Thanks in Advance.

Situation:
We moved to a place with electric gates approx. 18 months ago.. Nice to have and feels secure.

I have recently come across my first problem which seemed to happen around the time of heavy rain a few weeks ago (unsure if there is any connection):

My Gates are staying constantly open displaying "tc" on the control board.

Before the problem occurred, when you walked up to the gate between 7am to 8pm (these are the timer settings) they would open and close automatically when you walked/drove passed the sensors. However, the gates now remain completely open during these hours.

However, if I turn the timer off (Timeguard FST11(24HR,
FST17 (7DAY) the gates close and they can only be opened using the remote fob. Or if I disconnect the wire from the timeguard to the control board the gates close.

During the night, the timeguard switches to "off", and the gates remain closed until timeguard switches to "on".

I have taken photos of the Genius Brain 03 and Timegaurd unit if that helps.

Many Thanks

Genius Gates

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi ALL,

After some further investigation it has been narrowed down to the outside "Infra Red Photocell".

Currently its a SWG-0142 photocell no longer available

Can anyone recommend a replacement..

Many Thanks

AL
Hi Al,
It sounds to me that the timers output may be wired in series to any of the other connected devices which when switched off, won't allow for a full circuit to be made, hence why there would only be function from remote's rather than anything hard wired.

As for the photocells, this board uses pretty generic relay cells which can be purchased at the following address. If you need any more info, please let us know!

http://www.easygates.co.uk/product_info....ductID=136

Cheers,
Dave

(04-08-2015, 09:26 PM)4LPS Wrote: Hi ALL,

After some further investigation it has been narrowed down to the outside "Infra Red Photocell".

Currently its a SWG-0142 photocell no longer available

Can anyone recommend a replacement..

Many Thanks

AL
Dave Blake

EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd | EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts | Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
Hi Dave

I have got a set of photocell sensors but struggling to it them working... I know its the configuration and dip settings I need to get correct. But need HELP..

My old sensors has 5 connections (C=Blue, NO=yellow timer wire)
V- V+ NC C NO

My new sensors have
V- V+ NC NO

AM guessing the Blue wire is the switch. Now I can get it work where the gates close when I break the beam sensor.. soon s I move they reopen. SO I guess I need to swope something around...

If I manually connect Blue and yellow the gates open while they are connected.

Many Thanks

Al

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAAC GATES NOT CLOSING Slick19000 0 3,215 21-07-2021, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slick19000
  Hello Looking for gate control help everettc4 1 6,417 05-02-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JamieF
  Wiring control panel apritech mach2 230v brian 32 122,366 27-11-2019, 10:15 PM
Last Post: brian
  Hi All BFT ALTAIR-P gates not closing michaelo76 0 5,125 13-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: michaelo76
  Just found you my gates are stuck open bomitie 1 7,496 30-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Tim
  Bft gates (im not technical) chriscovbft 1 8,622 12-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Tim
  Failure of Swing Gates to Close Auto A C John 1 9,169 28-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Last Post: MWJONES
  Q80A Control Box Paj 0 7,083 03-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Paj