Thread Rating:
  • 232 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
BFT Regal 5 and courtesy lights
Hi

I have the BFT Regal 5 board and would like to install courtesy lights that will come on when the gate opens, and stay on..... until the gate closes.

Is this facility available on the board

Thanks for your help

I would like to install 4x 24v led lights
any idea?
You could use a magnetic contact (single-leaf gate: magnet on leaf, sensor on opposite from hinges side - double-leaf gate: magnet on one leaf, sensor on other leaf with cable running on/through leaf), a 12 VDC power supply and a 12 VDC changeover relay.

Run power supply (+) through magnetic contact (gate closed: contact closed / gate open: contact open) to appropriate trigger terminal of relay and (-) directly to other trigger terminal. Run the phase, through relay (enter at COM, exit at NC), to lights and neutral directly to lights.

Use a magnetic contact suitable for outside installation ("heavy-duty"), cable suitable for outside installation and, in case of double-leaf gate, for repeated bending, and that DC power supply is protected from weather but has "breathing" space to keep it cool.

This setup is totally independent from the automation.

You may want to use a delay-off timer after the relay (to keep lights on for some extra time after gate closes) and/or a light sensor (crepuscular sensor) so that lights stay off during the day.

Remarks: 1) If power supply is off, lights will stay on. 2) You can also use this setup to create a "gate left open for too long" system by connecting a delay-on timer after the changeover relay (I prefer to use the relay output to light a warning lamp, so that I know the gate isn't closed, and the delay-on timer output to sound a buzzer, so that I know it's been in this state for too long).
(15-01-2015, 10:53 PM)MCLUMA Wrote: Hi

I have the BFT Regal 5 board and would like to install courtesy lights that will come on when the gate opens, and stay on..... until the gate closes.

Thanks for your help

Terminals 12 and 13 are 240v ac outputs for courtesy lights, by default the programming is set to keep light on 90 seconds after last operation

Lee
(25-01-2015, 09:20 PM)leeturner6 Wrote:
(15-01-2015, 10:53 PM)MCLUMA Wrote: Hi

Thanks for your help

Terminals 12 and 13 are 240v ac outputs for courtesy lights, by default the programming is set to keep light on 90 seconds after last operation

Lee

I know about these terminals but 90 sec will not work for me

(23-01-2015, 11:35 PM)thm Wrote: You could use a magnetic contact (single-leaf gate: magnet on leaf, sensor on opposite from hinges side - double-leaf gate: magnet on one leaf, sensor on other leaf with cable running on/through leaf), a 12 VDC power supply and a 12 VDC changeover relay.

Run power supply (+) through magnetic contact (gate closed: contact closed / gate open: contact open) to appropriate trigger terminal of relay and (-) directly to other trigger terminal. Run the phase, through relay (enter at COM, exit at NC), to lights and neutral directly to lights.

Use a magnetic contact suitable for outside installation ("heavy-duty"), cable suitable for outside installation and, in case of double-leaf gate, for repeated bending, and that DC power supply is protected from weather but has "breathing" space to keep it cool.

This setup is totally independent from the automation.

You may want to use a delay-off timer after the relay (to keep lights on for some extra time after gate closes) and/or a light sensor (crepuscular sensor) so that lights stay off during the day.

Remarks: 1) If power supply is off, lights will stay on. 2) You can also use this setup to create a "gate left open for too long" system by connecting a delay-on timer after the changeover relay (I prefer to use the relay output to light a warning lamp, so that I know the gate isn't closed, and the delay-on timer output to sound a buzzer, so that I know it's been in this state for too long).

Yes i have somthing like this planned, but was hoping there were terminals on the board that would have done the job for me
I am not familiar with this board but can you check with a multimeter what the lock output (22 & 23) is when "suction-type" (type of lock) menu option is set to ON ? I suspect it is 12VDC when gate is closed and 0V in any other state and so, unless you want to use an electromechanical lock, you can use it to arm a relay.
(27-01-2015, 10:06 AM)thm Wrote: I am not familiar with this board but can you check with a multimeter what the lock output (22 & 23) is when "suction-type" (type of lock) menu option is set to ON ? I suspect it is 12VDC when gate is closed and 0V in any other state and so, unless you want to use an electromechanical lock, you can use it to arm a relay.

That is a very good suggestion

I can look into that one
Lock outputs on gates usually only pulse for a set amount of seconds so this wouldn't work unless it also pulsed on close then you could use a latched relay, personally I would go with above mentioned independent switch
(28-01-2015, 12:09 AM)leeturner6 Wrote: Lock outputs on gates usually only pulse for a set amount of seconds so this wouldn't work unless it also pulsed on close then you could use a latched relay, personally I would go with above mentioned independent switch

You are right
had last night a quick look at the manual, and it only gives a short 12v pulse to unlock the magnetic lock, so its not going to do it for me

I hope to have all the items in house by this weekend so I can do the installation

I will do the work with a magnetic reed switch, Normally Closed, so when the gate opens the lights will switch on

Thanks for all the advise
(28-01-2015, 12:09 AM)leeturner6 Wrote: Lock outputs on gates usually only pulse for a set amount of seconds so this wouldn't work unless it also pulsed on close then you could use a latched relay, personally I would go with above mentioned independent switch

That's the regular operation of the lock output. However, the "suction-type" => ON option looks like intended for connecting a magnetic lock, where you keep the magnet powered to keep the gate closed. At least, this is what I think the manual describes, despite the ambiguous terms used, and a multimeter could easily prove or disprove that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lights to gate Bl8999 1 10,086 14-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Dino