Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
DEA Geko - slave motor leaf stops part way in cold weather
I have a very recent install of a DEA Geko swing leaf system.

I have a lot of issues with the quality and professsionalism of the company who did the work, but my current big issue is that when the outside temperatures get below around 3 deg C the slave motor on the right-hand leaf blocks at around the point at which the motor would normally slow down as it gets closer to its fully closed position.

Because of this the left-hand motor drives past its stop point. After that both leaves re-open and seem to get completely out of sync (and they even hit each other at times).

Once the sun comes out and the temperatures rise the gates seem to start operating normally again. My sense is that the gates are not set-up correctly and the guy doing it has less electrical knowledge than me - for example, they haven't connected any of the earthing, the leaves don't touch the open position end-stops, and the encoder circuit has not been connected.

Any comments greatly received. Tbh I can see this ending up in the civil court. Thx.
Check the hinges if it's intact, replace the slave motor leaf
(13-01-2022, 10:27 AM)robograben Wrote: I have a very recent install of a DEA Geko swing leaf system.

I have a lot of issues with the quality and professsionalism of the company who did the work, but my current big issue is that when the outside temperatures get below around 3 deg C the slave motor on the right-hand leaf blocks at around the point at which the motor would normally slow down as it gets closer to its fully closed position.

Because of this the left-hand motor drives past its stop point. After that both leaves re-open and seem to get completely out of sync (and they even hit each other at times).

Once the sun comes out and the temperatures rise the gates seem to start operating normally again. My sense is that the gates are not set-up correctly and the guy doing it has less electrical knowledge than me - for example, they haven't connected any of the earthing, the leaves don't touch the open position end-stops, and the encoder circuit has not been connected.

Any comments greatly received. Tbh I can see this ending up in the civil court. Thx.

Hi,

I hope you are well. If your property is based in the UK, I will be able to recommend an approved installer in your area for the future. In regards to this install, if it is as poor as you say, I would recommend getting this assessed by a reputable installer. I would also recommend getting safety installed on this system, if not already. 
If you wish to provide me with your postal code, I can recommend an installer in your area. 

Kind regards
-Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAAC 740 Sliding gate Just closes or Stops Paul L 1 3,950 03-07-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Control Unit CLB202 Gate leaf learning issue Kaala1 0 3,464 25-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Kaala1
  Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom to Nice Robus 600 gate motor help j1000 20 16,627 15-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Nemen3242
  Nice motor Vandamme911 1 1,820 01-12-2022, 10:31 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Beninca bob motor wiring to board Ranch2 6 4,150 18-11-2022, 09:59 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Sliding gate motor brand advice please! Trevreg98 0 5,631 12-01-2022, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Trevreg98
  Master to slave remote problem Dingerb 0 1,583 24-12-2021, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Dingerb
  Beninca motor capacitor ? OferD 0 2,945 22-02-2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: OferD
  Faac 740 - stops working norberto 1 7,147 02-06-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: norberto
  BFT LUX FC-2B with no stops greenmantle 0 4,657 09-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Last Post: greenmantle