Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom to Nice Robus 600 gate motor help
Hello all,

I have purchased a Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom modular door station and I need to connect it to my sliding gate motor.

On the back of the door station there are NC1 and NO1 terminals.  I believe these are to open and close the gate.

The gate motor is a Nice ROBUS RB600. There are several terminals on this motor. Open, close, sbS, stop, Bluebus etc.

Can anyone advise which wires I need to connect from the door station to the gate motor please?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
(21-09-2022, 10:21 AM)j1000 Wrote: Hello all,

I have purchased a Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom modular door station and I need to connect it to my sliding gate motor.

On the back of the door station there are NC1 and NO1 terminals.  I believe these are to open and close the gate.

The gate motor is a Nice ROBUS RB600. There are several terminals on this motor. Open, close, sbS, stop, Bluebus etc.

Can anyone advise which wires I need to connect from the door station to the gate motor please?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the email,

You in this instance would use the NO1 connections and the COM1 connection, this should be next to the NO connection, these connections would go into SBS (no polarity)

Regards Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
Hi Joe,

Many thanks for your reply. It's most appreciated.

I just have a few more questions please.

Is an interposing relay required between the gate motor and the intercom?

I have read the manual for the Nice Robus 600 and it does not list a voltage for the "open" terminals so I'm not sure if this is really required.

Also, what kind if cable/ wiring should i use for the connections between the gate motor and the the intercom?

Thanks once again. Really appreciate your help/ advice.
(22-09-2022, 06:46 PM)j1000 Wrote: Hi Joe,

Many thanks for your reply. It's most appreciated.

I just have a few more questions please.

Is an interposing relay required between the gate motor and the intercom?

I have read the manual for the Nice Robus 600 and it does not list a voltage for the "open" terminals so I'm not sure if this is really required.

Also, what kind if cable/ wiring should i use for the connections between the gate motor and the the intercom?

Thanks once again. Really appreciate your help/ advice.

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

As my colleague stated you will go from the NO1 (normally open) and C1 (common) connections on your intercom and this will go into the SBS output. The SBS output is a voltage free contact which is STEP-BY-STEP. This essentially means that from your intercom you can as default open, stop and close your intercom. You can however switch the SBS input to a condominium mode which means that any second command is ignored. So for example, you can give it an open command from the intercom and it will ignore any further commands and then if automatic close is set on the gates it will automatically close after you.

For the voltage cable from the motor to the intercom it depends on the cable run. If it is close, Cat 6 or Alarm cable will be fine. However if is far away i would recommend 0.75mm to take into account for voltage drop. For the contact connections as they are voltage free, alarm cable or CAT 6 will be fine.

Hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Sam.

Thanks Sam.

Really appreciate your advice.
Hi Sam,

All is working via the intercom and gate motor. Many thanks for all your help.

I can open the gate via the Hik-Connect app, outdoor doorstation via keypad and indoor station.

I would like to be able to close the gate via the app instead of just using the robus keypad.
Do you know how I can enable it to close please?

Many thanks again.
(04-10-2022, 01:56 PM)j1000 Wrote: Hi Sam,

All is working via the intercom and gate motor. Many thanks for all your help.

I can open the gate via the Hik-Connect app, outdoor doorstation via keypad and indoor station.

I would like to be able to close the gate via the app instead of just using the robus keypad.
Do you know how I can enable it to close please?

Many thanks again.

Hi,

If you have wired your NO and Com into the SBS function, you should be able to open, stop and close the gates from the app. Providing the SBS function is default and you have not changed it to condominium mode (ignoring second command).

Sam.

Hi Sam,

I believe my gate installer set one mode up to allow for pedestrian access.

If you press the 1st button on the remote the gate fully opens or then fully closes.

If you please the 2nd button on the remote, the gate only partially opens.

I have asked the same question to Nice and there tech support team said I should wire the 2nd relay output on the intercom to the close input on the Robus motor?

I am really confused on what to do.

Can you please help.

Thankyou again.
(06-10-2022, 10:54 AM)j1000 Wrote: Hi Sam,

I believe my gate installer set one mode up to allow for pedestrian access.

If you press the 1st button on the remote the gate fully opens or then fully closes.

If you please the 2nd button on the remote, the gate only partially opens.

I have asked the same question to Nice and there tech support team said I should wire the 2nd relay output on the intercom to the close input on the Robus motor?

I am really confused on what to do.

Can you please help.

Thankyou again.

Hi,

Thanks for the message,

I am confused what is being asked, do you want to have functionality from the intercom for both full opening and ped access or are you referring to doing this from a remote control

Many Thanks 
Joe.

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for your and Sams help and apologies for any confusion.

I would like the gate to open which it currently does via my Hik-connect app and the indoor door station.
Connected via No and Com ( Outdoor doorstation) to Robus 600 (Sbs).

The robus remote does the same function. When i press the button the gate opens and if i press it again the gate closes.

The following is what I would like it to do in addtion to the above.

I would like to be able to close the gate via the Hik-connect app and the indoor station.

Currently what happens is that the gate attempts to close (when fully open) but it only moves the gate say 1m then it reopens. This is when I press the same button on my app which causes the gate to close.

Appreciate any advice.

NB: I am not sure if this has got anything to do with it but at the moment, when I press the 2nd button on the Robus remote fob, the gate gives a 1m opening. (Pedesterian access). I dont really need this function but I was asking if you thought this could be a problem.

Thanks again. Your expertise is most appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disable Open hold On NICE NC824 paul@blxnetworks.co.uk 4 1,845 02-10-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Nice Gates not closing StuL 1 1,569 24-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Holding the Gate Open mgb 1 3,796 11-07-2023, 01:35 PM
  Nice Moonbus Photocells - Faulty? ddaddy 2 2,091 11-07-2023, 01:33 PM
  FAAC 740 Sliding gate Just closes or Stops Paul L 1 4,073 03-07-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Nice HS400 Andruelectricgates 0 939 09-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Andruelectricgates
  BFT gate and Hikvision wiring help Gowrie 0 3,654 26-05-2023, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Gowrie
  Control Unit CLB202 Gate leaf learning issue Kaala1 0 3,566 25-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Kaala1
  gate stop broke - any spares=liftmaster 300 bomitie 2 4,332 04-05-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: bomitie
  Nice Robus RB100 - Control Board Buttons Not Working sl991 5 4,175 02-12-2022, 02:51 PM