Thread Rating:
  • 330 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sub300
Hi,

I installed a LiftMaster sub 300 system over five years ago and they have operated trouble free for all this time.

Recently I have changed the motor connections over to give the single opening leaf to the opposite gate (even wear). This has highlighted a problem that the now single opener which is also the delayed opener doesn’t always open.

The motor can be heard running but the gate is firmly locked. The gate opens usually on the second attempt and it appears to occur if the gates have not been opened for some time such as over night.
(03-09-2011, 10:48 AM)brightspark Wrote: Hi,

I installed a LiftMaster sub 300 system over five years ago and they have operated trouble free for all this time.

Recently I have changed the motor connections over to give the single opening leaf to the opposite gate (even wear). This has highlighted a problem that the now single opener which is also the delayed opener doesn’t always open.

The motor can be heard running but the gate is firmly locked. The gate opens usually on the second attempt and it appears to occur if the gates have not been opened for some time such as over night.

A classic case of its it aint broke etc etc.
Put it back how it was and leave it well alone.
You can grease up moving parts, check drainage is ok clean out muck from subs, other than that leave it well alone
www.gsgatesandautomations.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SUB300, CB11 Photocells problem oldsparky 1 13,737 09-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Mark