Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which Garage Door Opener to Buy
Hi Everyone, 

I'm looking at buying a garage door opener for a standard up and over type door.   I would like it to have a sensor outside to detect if an obstruction (car etc) is too close to the door so it won't open/ close if there is (rather than it only stopping once the door has hit the obstruction).  

I was looking at the Chamberlain ml700evgb along with the Chamberlain 771REV Photocells but having spoken to Easygates customer service I understand this will not stop the door from opening if there is an obstruction outside (only stop the door from closing if there is an obstruction in the doorway)

Therefore I've been looking into using a separate Photocell Infrared Beam Sensor (something like the TOPENS TC102) outside the garage and connecting it to the opener so if the beam is broken the door won't either open or close. 

I know from the attached photo that the ml700 has a number of connectors but can't find any info on the purpose of each connector so cannot deduce whether it is capable of this solution.

Therefore, I guess my questions are:

Is there a garage door opener that includes an exterior sensor so that the door can't be opened (or closed) if an obstruction is too close. 

If not then does anyone else have a similar solution with third party sensors etc or  is there a wiring diagram for the ml700 so that I can deduce whether it's possible (I searched the forum for a wiring diagram but couldn't find any).

Thanks very much for any help. 

Phil

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CB11 gate opener testing me!!!! lou trudge 0 5,122 22-12-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: lou trudge
  CVK1 door entry system sirocco 1 10,157 09-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Sav
  Win a Garage Door Opener. easygates 0 27,321 17-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Last Post: easygates