Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Disable Open hold On NICE NC824
Is there a way to disable the Open hold feature on the NICE control unit ? the issue I have at one of our client sites is the gate is opened remotely via a Paxton entry system/ fob entry, nobody waits for the gates to fully open but as they pass through they trigger the induction loop in the ground on the inside ( for auto opening when leaving). This sends a second open signal which of course then holds the gates open. 
It also has the same effect if someone follows close behind and also taps their fob on the external reader.
While I can see the value in the hold open feature it just doesn't work for this site.
(01-09-2023, 07:50 PM)paul@blxnetworks.co.uk Wrote: Is there a way to disable the Open hold feature on the NICE control unit ? the issue I have at one of our client sites is the gate is opened remotely via a Paxton entry system/ fob entry, nobody waits for the gates to fully open but as they pass through they trigger the induction loop in the ground on the inside ( for auto opening when leaving). This sends a second open signal which of course then holds the gates open. 
It also has the same effect if someone follows close behind and also taps their fob on the external reader.
While I can see the value in the hold open feature it just doesn't work for this site.

Hi,

Thank you for the enquiry.

Firstly which Nice control unit is it that you have? from the symptoms of the fault you have explained, You will need to enable apartment block mode on your control panel which will then make the panel ignore the second command once I know which control panel that you have in situ I can find this part of the manual and guide you where to find it.

However usually the gates will only hold open if there is a relay stuck in the closed position which is wired into open, I would see if there is potentially a sticky relay that could be causing this fault either from the induction loop of the Paxton entry system. Typically the only thing that would stop the gate from automatically closing if this feature is enabled is a safety feature such as photocells on safety edges; if you can open and close the gates now by a command then I would not say that this is the issue.

I hope the above information helps.

Ben
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
Hi Ben,
The control unit is a MCA1 ITEM: MCA1R10 is the information on the label on the front.
The issue is the hold open, it can be triggered by a second "open" request from the Paxton reading a card, or by a vehicle driving inwards and over the induction loop following the first open request, i have witnessed the second "open" command and the gates do remain in the open position until a further "open" request at which point they fully open then close after the timeout.
I also have another site with a MC800 control unit, would the oview programmer work for both units ?
(07-09-2023, 03:16 PM)paul@blxnetworks.co.uk Wrote: Hi Ben,
  The control unit is a MCA1 ITEM: MCA1R10 is the information on the label on the front.
  The issue is the hold open, it can be triggered by a second "open" request from the Paxton reading a card, or by a vehicle driving inwards and over the induction loop following the first open request, i have witnessed the second "open" command and the gates do remain in the open position until a further "open" request at which point they fully open then close after the timeout.

Hi,

It is possible that the gate is receiving a second command then, which will result in the gates holding open.

To fix this condominium mode / apartment block would need to be activated on your step-by-step function. Instructions on how to do this can be found on page 8 of the PDF document.

https://manuals.easygates.co.uk/PDF/nice/D00011568.pdf

Regarding if the oview will work on both MC824H and the M800, yes it will as both panels have a IBT4N connection which is needed when plugging the Oview in.

Many thanks

Ben
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rigel 5 , gates won't open Nameloc 2 3,767 23-04-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Came ZA3 gates stuck open Ivorwindybottom 0 371 18-02-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Ivorwindybottom
  Nice Gates not closing StuL 1 1,568 24-08-2023, 01:34 PM
  Holding the Gate Open mgb 1 3,794 11-07-2023, 01:35 PM
  Nice Moonbus Photocells - Faulty? ddaddy 2 2,091 11-07-2023, 01:33 PM
  Nice HS400 Andruelectricgates 0 937 09-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Andruelectricgates
  Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom to Nice Robus 600 gate motor help j1000 20 16,951 15-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Nemen3242
  Came gates stuck open. Ring8180 7 17,026 23-02-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: SamA
  Nice Robus RB100 - Control Board Buttons Not Working sl991 5 4,174 02-12-2022, 02:51 PM
  Nice motor Vandamme911 1 1,856 01-12-2022, 10:31 AM