Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
BFT Rigel 6
Hi
I am new to this form so please be gentle Smile 

We have automated gates at the entrance to our small development of 4 barns. The installer has gone bust and i cant get anyone to call out as we dont have a maintenance agreement with them.

The gates have started having n intermittent problem. They operate sometimes ok but then every so often they open but will not close. The rigel 6 shows the message bArc which seems to be saying that one of the sensors thinks there is an obstacle so stops the system operating.

When i press the gate opener the screen shows StrE and then straight away shows bArc again.

We have sensors in front and behind the gates and also a pressure sensor on one of the leafs. Can anyone tell me how i can work out if one of the sensors is faulty and is causing this problem

Thanks

Steve
Hi Steve,

First you will need to identify which set are causing the issue. i would firstly...

Remove the covers of the photocells (clean them)
Remove one set from the board and link out the terminals for that photocell input. to see whether the fault disappears.
Check for continuity between the cables there could be a break, if you don't have a meter to test this, run fresh cable above ground temporarily.

Regards
Easygates Ltd
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(24-08-2023, 01:43 PM)Michael Wrote: Hi Steve,

First you will need to identify which set are causing the issue. i would firstly...

Remove the covers of the photocells (clean them)
Remove one set from the board and link out the terminals for that photocell input. to see whether the fault disappears.
Check for continuity between the cables there could be a break, if you don't have a meter to test this, run fresh cable above ground temporarily.

Regards
Easygates Ltd

Thank you for your reply.

In the end i found that what was causing the problem was the pressure sensor on the trailing gate. This communicates with the board via wifi and the sender unit has two batteries inside. When I changed these the gates started working properly again.

Your response was much appreciated as i will keep the info in case i have any further issues with the photocells.

Regards

Steve
Glad to hear Smile

Regards
Easygates LTD
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rigel 5 , gates won't open Nameloc 2 3,767 23-04-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Rigel 5 - second keypad stopped working HarefieldHse 1 1,606 03-07-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Strange gate operation Rigel controller Philreghse 0 6,697 10-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Philreghse
  Rigel 4 and Clonix not receiving signals apbran 6 23,857 26-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Last Post: apbran
  BFT Rigel LUX FC actuators erratic Berrystead 0 5,154 31-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Berrystead
  BFT Rigel 5 graham 2 13,519 20-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: graham
  BFT Rigel 5 Remote sync Nicks 1 11,961 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Mark