Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help required please for this newbie...
    Sad
Good evening to you all.  
I have the existing set up, as listed below, and would really appreciate some help please.
I have an fitted BFT older system
Libra Contol panel
operating a pair of 
IGEA-BT motors
with existing " blippers" PLUS existing two sets of Photocells ( Normally Open) one pair to trigger entry and one to trigger exit
all works reliably, but with certain elements I want to iron out.
First fault to resolve
when vehicles enter the property
gate sensor opens the both leaf pair away from the vehicle, entry is fine up to this point
the second set of sensors detect the incoming vehicle and want to close the gates, before the vehicle has fully entered the drive
I assume I need to fit another set of sensors ( NC) on the gate pillars to mitigate this fault?
In the meantime
Is there any way to delay closing on the contol set up, as everywhich way I have tried changing the Parameter / Logic settings does not seem to solve this
In ADDITION 
on the wish list is 
a timer module of some sort to close off the automatic gate opening on entry after a set time ( Night ) 
but which would allow "blippers" for now or smart entry system of some sort
The older installation includes Cat5 ( currently unused ) which runs 100metres from the Libra back to the house , ready to be able to connect to the router to make the gate control smarter 
Q2 Is this cat5 ( 4 pairs ) with sufficient capacity over 100 metres for this potential smart set up  ? 
or 
can I double up using pairs to make a better capacity for say smart camera keypad
how many cables do I need for this ? as I cannot run another cable in
and to finish, I have welcomed this new venture studying the "art of gate control" and would rather learn and tackle myself at this stage 
as I am really enjoying this new subject, simply for my own home use. and would welcome any help 
Kind Regards Gate-Controller ( not quite fat but nearly )
hi, just to update,
today installed pillar sensors , which have enabled the system to satisfaction, however need to install a timer module to turn off entry sensor during the night, does anyone , know, where best to make the timer break, in the power, Tx side or the signal RX side, and will this throw an error message on the board? i have found the module 24v powered , but could do with knowing before i go ahead and buy this module, thanks in advance
so to update, have everything working fine
three sets of sensors... one entry/ exit pair, one safety pair, one entry exit pair
also fitted a wifi module with hey google and android button, all working well
now require a timer module fitment to prevent auto access and turn the sensor RX signal off at night , without throwing an error message on the board
just wondering if anyone has sourced a timer modul 24hr that is wi-fi controlled ( and 24vac)
any help appreciated
(30-09-2021, 07:34 PM)gate-keeper Wrote: Sad
Good evening to you all.  
I have the existing set up, as listed below, and would really appreciate some help please.
I have an fitted BFT older system
Libra Contol panel
operating a pair of 
IGEA-BT motors
with existing " blippers" PLUS existing two sets of Photocells ( Normally Open) one pair to trigger entry and one to trigger exit
all works reliably, but with certain elements I want to iron out.
First fault to resolve
when vehicles enter the property
gate sensor opens the both leaf pair away from the vehicle, entry is fine up to this point
the second set of sensors detect the incoming vehicle and want to close the gates, before the vehicle has fully entered the drive
I assume I need to fit another set of sensors ( NC) on the gate pillars to mitigate this fault?
In the meantime
Is there any way to delay closing on the contol set up, as everywhich way I have tried changing the Parameter / Logic settings does not seem to solve this
In ADDITION 
on the wish list is 
a timer module of some sort to close off the automatic gate opening on entry after a set time ( Night ) 
but which would allow "blippers" for now or smart entry system of some sort
The older installation includes Cat5 ( currently unused ) which runs 100metres from the Libra back to the house , ready to be able to connect to the router to make the gate control smarter 
Q2 Is this cat5 ( 4 pairs ) with sufficient capacity over 100 metres for this potential smart set up  ? 
or 
can I double up using pairs to make a better capacity for say smart camera keypad
how many cables do I need for this ? as I cannot run another cable in
and to finish, I have welcomed this new venture studying the "art of gate control" and would rather learn and tackle myself at this stage 
as I am really enjoying this new subject, simply for my own home use. and would welcome any help 
Kind Regards Gate-Controller ( not quite fat but nearly )

Hi,

Hope you are well. Firstly, I would recommend looking into a loop detector setup if you are using photocells for access instead of safety. This will be far more reliable and will not nuisance operate. The problem you will have if using a single photocell pair for opening, is that they are rather easy to trip. For instance if a cat strolls in front of the beam, the gate will open. However, if you wish to achieve opening with photocells, it can be done. I would recommend doubling up on two pairs of photocells on each side (4 pairs in total). The second pair to be mounted around 200mm-400mm above the second pair. This will relieve the nuisance opening. 

You will need to make sure both pair of cells are wired into a designated open terminal on the panel. As if it is a SBS, P.P or step by step terminal, the second trigger will in fact pause or close the gate. (Easy fix if you are to install a loop detector and loop cable, as the loop controllers have designated settings for your specific arrangement needs).

I am unsure on the delay closing setup, this may be deep in the parameters, BFT technical support or Easygates technical support would be the best people to get in touch with regarding this, as they/we could look into this deeper. 

You will not be able to use a timer module to turn on/off automatic closure, as this is a setting which has to be changed within the logic of the control board. You could however override automatic closure by using a 7 day 24hr timer, or timer relay to 'hold open' the gate by sending a constant command to the open terminal, as the automatic closure only starts when the pulse to the command terminal ends. This would not allow remotes to work alongside. If you wish to use remotes alongside, you will have to programme the button to open, stop, close. Then press stop just before the gate reaches its full open position. As the gate does not recognise the cycle as being complete, the automatic closure countdown will not begin.

If you are looking for smart camera keypad (wireless/hardwired video intercom with keypad) you will need to refer to wiring as per the manufacturers instructions. A lot of installers do tend to use CAT 5 twisted pair. The amount of cable cores needed will have to be confirmed upon selection of your intercom of choice. 

Recommendations for the video intercom with keypad are below.

If you have Wi-Fi signal at the point of mounting - https://www.easygates.co.uk/product/aes-...05-series/
If you do not have Wi-Fi signal at the point of mounting - https://www.easygates.co.uk/product/come...a-support/

You could also opt for a doorbell type video intercom without keypad, then use an additional keypad with your BFT system to cut the cost down. If this is something you'd be interested in, I would recommend contacting technical@easygates.co.uk or giving the tech line a call so your needs can be met - 01384596942 (opt.2)

I hope the above has helped, if you would like to discuss anything in more detail feel free to contact me on this forum or on jamie@easygates.co.uk. 

Best Regards
-Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
Jamie , many thanks for your reply, much appreciated
my setup... thus far , is now reliable and working fine,
i.e entry sensor timed out at night , comes back on for morning sensor entry
wi-fi module working, hey google and android button and the blippers for those family members.
like your idea about the twin pairs of entry sensors preventing false triggers ...nice
in the meantime before i think about keypads and camera, I would like to add to the wishlist a simple entry chime /bell, back at the house.
I was thinking to use the 9 / 10 feed off the Libra board designed as a "Gate Open Light " to use as a trigger feed on a relay
however showing on the instructions as 24vDC ( note DC ) there is nothing on the board with a smooth supply, and on testing this 9 / 10 feed it is actually 52vac. !!
So thinking to use this feed ( an awkward 52vac ) to trigger a bell / or chime in the house somehow via wifi if poss.
will look again at the links for the keypads and video etc you provided, the initiial though is a bit pricey for Mr. Diy here ? maybe just save my pennies and do it properly or look out for a used one maybe.
Thanks again Jamie , many thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-11-2021, 09:11 PM)gate-keeper Wrote: Jamie , many thanks for your reply, much appreciated
my setup... thus far , is now reliable and working fine,
i.e entry sensor timed out at night , comes back on for morning sensor entry
wi-fi module working, hey google and android button and the blippers for those family members.
like your idea about the twin pairs of entry sensors preventing false triggers ...nice
in the meantime before i think about keypads and camera, I would like to add to the wishlist a simple entry chime /bell, back at the house.
I was thinking to use the 9 / 10 feed off the Libra board designed as a "Gate Open Light "  to use as a trigger feed on a relay
however showing on the instructions as 24vDC ( note DC ) there is nothing on the board with a smooth supply, and on testing this 9 / 10 feed it is actually 52vac. !!
So thinking to use this feed ( an awkward 52vac ) to trigger a bell / or chime in the house somehow via wifi if poss.
will look again at the links for the keypads and video etc you provided,  the initiial though is a bit pricey for Mr. Diy here ? maybe just save my pennies and do it properly or look out for a used one maybe.
Thanks again Jamie , many thanks

Hi,

No problem. If it is just a doorbell type camera you would be looking for, I recommend the Comelit Visto. You will need WiFi at the point of the gate in order for this to work as it runs on WiFi signal. The easiest way to test if signal is adequate is by streaming a youtube video from your phone at the point of the gate, whilst disconnected from mobile data and connected to your network. If this does not work, a relitively cheap WiFi booster could be installed to amend this problem. 
The Visto comes with X1 N/O relay output, which can be triggered in the mobile application, this when wired to the open terminals of the gate will send a command pulse then opening the gate.

I have linked below the Comelit Visto
https://www.easygates.co.uk/product/come...ercom-kit/

If you cannot supply this from your panel, a stepdown power supply from 240v down to 12v could be used.
https://www.easygates.co.uk/product/meanwell-hdr-15-12/

This may be the way to go.

The Visto bell can be controlled by mobile phone application, with no subscription fee. Plug in chimes are also available to pair to the Visto bell. 

Any further questions, feel free to get in touch.

BR
-Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie- rigel4 12v output for keypad Bl-2020 0 4,431 18-01-2020, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Bl-2020
  Glen newbie Glen 0 6,130 25-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Glen
  Newbie just back from France Crocodilla Gates 2 13,700 14-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Crocodilla Gates
  Newbie in France Roestigraben 1 11,276 27-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Last Post: MWJONES
  NEWBIE sparkey0151 0 6,559 25-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: sparkey0151
  Hello. Newbie Q re self fitting gate openers palmiye 4 17,528 28-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Last Post: palmiye
  Newbie from West Yorkshire Michael22 0 5,325 15-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Michael22
  Newbie From Eire Daragh 0 5,189 08-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Daragh
  Newbie with a headache! Suprabandit 1 9,758 09-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Sav
  Newbie jtn01844 0 7,188 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Last Post: jtn01844