Thread Rating:
  • 122 Vote(s) - 2.98 Average
I am trying to add a wifi relay to open/close the gate
Hello. I have a BFT gate opener (I think it is the LUX model-2 arms) connected to a Rigel 4 control box (It does not have an LCD screen so it is not model 5). It works ok. I used one of the remotes and cabled it to a relay in a way that I can togle the button momentarilly using an application from my PC. So I can open/close the gate from a remote location. It works but I need a more robust solution. I found these wifi realays ( https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/inching-...witch.html ) which can be activated from my android phone. I found that the pins 28 and 29 on the JP5 are for use with a push button. Is that correct? If I connect 28 to COM momentarilly will this open the gate? I am trying to be sure before I test it.

ps: I think it is important. The door works like this: door Closed-->press remote-->door opens --->press remote while door opening---> door stops---> prees again-->the door closes

Thank you
Hi,

If you wire across 28 & 30, a momentary pulse would activate the gate to open.
The Rigel 4 is a very basic panel, so no other programming would be required.

(29-05-2017, 09:49 AM)dentalan Wrote: Hello. I have a BFT gate opener (I think it is the LUX model-2 arms) connected to a Rigel 4 control box (It does not have an LCD screen so it is not model 5). It works ok. I used one of the remotes and cabled it to a relay in a way that I can togle the button momentarilly using an application from my PC. So I can open/close the gate from a remote location. It works but I need a more robust solution. I found these wifi realays ( https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/inching-...witch.html ) which can be activated from my android phone. I found that the pins 28 and 29 on the JP5 are for use with a push button. Is that correct? If I connect 28 to COM momentarilly will this open the gate? I am trying to be sure before I test it.

ps: I think it is important. The door works like this: door Closed-->press remote-->door opens --->press remote while door opening---> door stops---> prees again-->the door closes

Thank you
Thank you for your reply. What do I have to do to close the gate again? Do I have to wire across 29 & 30 or 28 to 30 again. it is important to now because I will know if I have to use one or two wifi relays

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  faac gate wont close. stupidlee 5 37,252 08-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  jet 230v swing gate motors!! nashdan99 1 8,659 17-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Sav
  H3D Relay wiring whitty1234 5 21,000 31-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Sav