Thread Rating:
  • 298 Vote(s) - 2.81 Average
Came BX78 options
Hi all

Can anyone help me with an idiots guide to the setup options on a Came BX78 auto gate kit.

The kit is all installed and ready to go into operation but I am a little lost with the various options to set up.

I originally had the photocells connected to 2 & 3P but could not get the gate to auto close, after using 2 & C3 I am now able to get it to auto close but some of the other options seem a little vague in the user manual.
Someone must have a list of options which can be set and the individual wiring positions to achieve this.

As I see from the manual the options are 2 & 3P, 2 & C1, 2 & C3, 2 & 7.

Hope some one can help me out

Regards
chrisdobb
(02-08-2014, 10:55 PM)chrisdobb Wrote: Hi all

Can anyone help me with an idiots guide to the setup options on a Came BX78 auto gate kit.

The kit is all installed and ready to go into operation but I am a little lost with the various options to set up.

I originally had the photocells connected to 2 & 3P but could not get the gate to auto close, after using 2 & C3 I am now able to get it to auto close but some of the other options seem a little vague in the user manual.
Someone must have a list of options which can be set and the individual wiring positions to achieve this.

As I see from the manual the options are 2 & 3P, 2 & C1, 2 & C3, 2 & 7.

Hope some one can help me out

Regards
chrisdobb

Hi there

Usually if it's just 1 pair of photocells you would wire these into 2 and c1, 2 being common and c1 being normally closed. You would need to have dip switch 7 off but dips 8 on if nothing's wired into c3 and dip 9 on if no emergency stop fitted. The reason they would not shut whilst wired into 2 and 3p is because 3p is normally open that is used to trigger the gates to open - (some photocells can do this feature but these would be installed additionally as they aren't for safety) and with you photocells wired in the way they were you were giving the panel a perminant short.
A quick run down of terminals
On all Came Panals 2 is the common.
1 NC emergency stop (turn dip 9 on to turn this off otherwise nothing will work)
2 common
3p N-O pedstrian open. Turn one of the blue trimmers on the board clock wise to increase the time the motor runs for. Eg to open only 1 meter or full length.
7 N-O open and close. Short on it once it will open. Short again it will close.
C1 N-C re open during closing. Turn dip 7 on to turn off.
C3 n-C partial stop. Turn dip 8 on to turn off.

In the manual it should tell you the set up procedure to encode the motor.

Hope this helps.

Matt