Thread Rating:
  • 219 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
B Rourke Electric Gates
Hi There
Can anybody help.
Just purchased new house and need information on a set of electric gates manufactured or assembled by B Rourke and Co of Burnley.
Need new key fob, current one has FAAC on it, and remote pad for the gate. Phoned the number given to me and told they went into administration!!! No parts or diagrams or user instructions available.
Does anybody have access to user guide and manual for these type of gates, also how to I override the system when there is a power cut and how to programme to change code of the one key fob and gate remote I have.
Thought it would be a great experience have electric gates but now thinking what have I let myself in for.
Last question which I have an answer from previous owner but just bemused, to keep gates open during day is it correct just to cover gate sensor with a flower pot!!! Seems a bit archaic.
Thanks for any help
Mike
Manuals are available at http://www.faac.ru/ru/prodotti/manuali.html but since FAAC has a very extensive portfolio and has been around for decades you may have to dig a bit to find what you need ...

Tip: if you are looking for instructions for the control panel and they aren't included in the operator manual in "01 SWING_LEAF_GATES" or "02 SLIDING_GATES" (whichever applies in your case) then check "13 ELECTRONIC_CONTROL_BOARD". Remotes and receivers are under "14 ACCESSORIES >> CONTROL DEVICES " and photoeyes under "14 ACCESSORIES >> PHOTOCELLS "

In order to keep the gate open during the day you can connect a switch/timer/remote switch etc in series with the output of the closing photoeyes: while the switch makes contact, photoeyes operate in the normal way - while the switch brakes contact the gate will not be closing (you will still have to command it to open yourself) and should resume automatic closing when it makes contact again.