Thread Rating:
  • 248 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average
problem with Photocells (100263) (FOTO30SDE)
Hi

I have replaced the normal photocells that come with the liftmaster openers and the cb11 control with the above photocells. The original photocells had only two wires so there was no problem wiring them up but the new ones have 5 and 3. I just wired the +/- to the cb11 as before but they do not work. They do click when you walk through them but this does not stop the gate from closing like before. The gates will open and close ok but the photocells are not doing their job. Does some of the other of the 5 connections need to be made and if so where are they connected on the cb11. If they are wired ok is there anything else that could be the problem?, I have done the learn photocells detail on the controller but it dosen't seem to help.
Thanks for any help
Hi,
As well as being powered, you need to wire the relay output on the photocells into the control panels photocell input. So in terms of wiring, you will need the 24V connection to power the cells and then you will need to wire from the NC and COM contacts on the photocell, into the CLOSE & COM contacts on the control panel. You will also need to do your search for the cells once connected with Dip switch 5 in the off position. Please note, that if using relay photocells on the CB11, the gates will not auto close. This is due to the board utilizing a fail safe type connection, and does not have the 'Photo Test' facility that other boards use.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any more info!

(07-04-2014, 02:55 PM)tef Wrote: Hi

I have replaced the normal photocells that come with the liftmaster openers and the cb11 control with the above photocells. The original photocells had only two wires so there was no problem wiring them up but the new ones have 5 and 3. I just wired the +/- to the cb11 as before but they do not work. They do click when you walk through them but this does not stop the gate from closing like before. The gates will open and close ok but the photocells are not doing their job. Does some of the other of the 5 connections need to be made and if so where are they connected on the cb11. If they are wired ok is there anything else that could be the problem?, I have done the learn photocells detail on the controller but it dosen't seem to help.
Thanks for any help
Thanks for the info but I am a bit worried that the gates will not auto close, this is something I would need, I bought the photocells as I could not see the old type ones on the website that came originally with only two wires. Is it possible to get them or is there another type that will work like the original? can you give me a link to them on the website? Fancy a trade in on the ones I bought?

(07-04-2014, 03:14 PM)Blakey111 Wrote: Hi,
As well as being powered, you need to wire the relay output on the photocells into the control panels photocell input. So in terms of wiring, you will need the 24V connection to power the cells and then you will need to wire from the NC and COM contacts on the photocell, into the CLOSE & COM contacts on the control panel. You will also need to do your search for the cells once connected with Dip switch 5 in the off position. Please note, that if using relay photocells on the CB11, the gates will not auto close. This is due to the board utilizing a fail safe type connection, and does not have the 'Photo Test' facility that other boards use.

Thanks for any help
If the cells you have used have been fitted then I'm afraid we could not accept them back for any partial credit. The cells you need have been superseded with the '772E' model. These are of a lot better quality and build. Please see link below.

http://easygates.co.uk/product_info.asp?ProductID=767

As mentioned before, your gates would definitely not auto close with relay photocells. You would need these 772E's in order to achieve what you want.
Hope this helped!

(07-04-2014, 04:11 PM)tef Wrote: Thanks for the info but I am a bit worried that the gates will not auto close, this is something I would need, I bought the photocells as I could not see the old type ones on the website that came originally with only two wires. Is it possible to get them or is there another type that will work like the original? can you give me a link to them on the website? Fancy a trade in on the ones I bought?

(07-04-2014, 03:14 PM)Blakey111 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for any help
Dave Blake

EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd | EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts | Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photocell Problem marcoos_1 4 19,215 04-01-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Nice Moonbus Photocells - Faulty? ddaddy 2 2,072 11-07-2023, 01:33 PM
  FAAC Photocells mmc1977 3 2,371 02-05-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Matt Turner
  Master to slave remote problem Dingerb 0 1,602 24-12-2021, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Dingerb
  Came ZLJ24Z - close immediately photocells are clear Enginear1 0 1,969 29-10-2021, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Enginear1
  Proteco Leader N1 problem Luc Bevers 0 2,054 22-10-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Luc Bevers
  Proteco gates with photocell problem. Shane1 0 2,174 09-10-2021, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Shane1
  BFT ULTRA BT A50 problem cayres 0 2,150 13-04-2021, 08:19 AM
Last Post: cayres
  Beninca RI 6E Problem leonardermo 0 4,375 29-04-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: leonardermo
  Genius Gate System Problem grasshopper 1 10,889 01-07-2019, 09:39 AM