Thread Rating:
  • 257 Vote(s) - 3.03 Average
Hello and help
Hi, I have a gibidi 830 underground motor running a single span gate which is almost 4 meters across and weighs approx 650 kgs? It has spectacularly failed at 4 years old the drive collar has worn and support bearing has collapsed rendering the gate unusable. I have been told that the gate is too heavy and too wide a span for the motor/hinge. Can anyone confirm or have had similar issues.
Andy
Hi Andy,
I can confirm that your info on it being too heavy and wide is correct. The Floor 830 motor is capable of gates up to 2.5m wide and a maximum of 600kg. To be honest I wouldn't install even close to those values. Ideally you would want to be well within those values to ensure longevity in the lifespan of your kit. To say it has been working for 4 years without previous problems, I'd say you've done quite well out of it. I have attached the brochure for the Gibidi 830 which contains all the specs you need to know. In your case I would start looking at a ram type of automation. An underground system would not be appropriate on such a size leaf due to the leverage you will have at the 4m span.
Hope this helped!

(30-03-2014, 07:02 PM)mickey_murphy Wrote: Hi, I have a gibidi 830 underground motor running a single span gate which is almost 4 meters across and weighs approx 650 kgs? It has spectacularly failed at 4 years old the drive collar has worn and support bearing has collapsed rendering the gate unusable. I have been told that the gate is too heavy and too wide a span for the motor/hinge. Can anyone confirm or have had similar issues.
Andy

Attached Files
.pdf   gibidi_floor_brochure.pdf (Size: 149.82 KB / Downloads: 755)