Thread Rating:
  • 342 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
DIAX maglock set-up
Hello Mark,

I am sorting everything out prior to installing a 24v SCS300 to wooden gates - for which you recommended the Diax 500 maglock. This came with only the briefest of really unhelpful instructions. I have found some good instructions on a competitor supplier's website, showing how to relate the lock to the armature plate etc (info not even available of the manufacturer's website!)

However, your own simple wiring diagram to the CB24 panel shows just two wires from the lock. In fact, it is supplied with 7 wires already connected to twin connectors that fit into a supplied junction box containing a 12v/24v jumper option (unfortunately this was loose in the box so the jumper pins were damaged by the heavy lock, and also there is no jumper available). It has 5 exit connectors marked + - NC COM & NO.

At the same time, can you please advise the recommended method of attaching to gate wings that abut each other, when the locks are primarily designed for face closing on doors. I can't see how they will work effectively.

This is all a bit confusing! Please advise.

Thanks.
Just as a follow-up. I have now had a phone conversation with Mark, and the advice is that the DIAX maglock wiring should be used as it is supplied as far as the junction box, with the appropriate 24v jumper in place, but that only the + and - outlets should be used thereafter to connect to the control panel. The other switching outlets can simply be ignored.

As to mounting onto swing gates, a Z mounting plate is indeed required for the armature, but the lock can be screwed directly onto the first gate leaf to close. Self-evidently this requires a delay between the leafs - and it won't look very pretty - but at least it will be secure...

This may help others as it has me!