Thread Rating:
  • 298 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
Can remotes be programmed ?
In normal use with a Rigel 5 unit set to having the gates open and shut on timer everything is fine. But I wondered is it possible to programme the other button on the remote to open the gates and let them stay open ? e.g. if you have friends arriving but unsure when.
nig.xl Wrote:In normal use with a Rigel 5 unit set to having the gates open and shut on timer everything is fine. But I wondered is it possible to programme the other button on the remote to open the gates and let them stay open ? e.g. if you have friends arriving but unsure when.

Yes this is possible but you will need a latching 24vac relay.
The coil supply is connected to the 2nd channel which takes its supply form the 24vac terminals on the board on the rigel 5 and the switching contacts on the relay connected to the timer connections

I can supply the connections if you are serious about it
Makers and installers of fine gates for over 60years
(10-01-2010, 05:55 PM)BarkerandGeary Wrote:
nig.xl Wrote:In normal use with a Rigel 5 unit set to having the gates open and shut on timer everything is fine. But I wondered is it possible to programme the other button on the remote to open the gates and let them stay open ? e.g. if you have friends arriving but unsure when.

The coil supply is connected to the 2nd channel which takes its supply form the 24vac terminals on the board on the rigel 5 and the switching contacts on the relay connected to the timer connections

would you be able to provide these connections as im interested in doing this also?
(06-05-2014, 03:06 PM)6andrew6 Wrote:
(10-01-2010, 05:55 PM)BarkerandGeary Wrote:

would you be able to provide these connections as im interested in doing this also?

Page 3 / Figure (1) / The upper drawing (SCA) in http://www.bft.co.uk/repository/download/rigel5new.pdf but with dipswitch "SCA - 2ch" in the OFF position (see page 23 - 'ScA-2ch ').

If you have the activating coil of a 24 VAC latching (bistable) relay connected, instead of the lamp, to 18 & 20 contacts and jumper 19 & 21 contacts then, every time you activate the 2ch, the output of relay will change state and stay in this state when deactivated.

I'd personally use the output of the relay, connected in series with the output of the closing safety photocells (between COM & PHOT) to keep the gate open.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peccinin remotes with BFT control boards lemafla 0 5,845 09-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Last Post: lemafla