Thread Rating:
  • 468 Vote(s) - 2.95 Average
Dial2open , GSM gate opener.
Anyone using such a system or can offer some help and idea's how to wire it up to my CB24 control box?

GSM opener.

Looks like it can send a txt to your mobile when the gates are opened.

I dunno, I'm sure I shouldn't be trying to install these gate openers myself. Big Grin

Pictures borrowed without permission. Wink
marknjo Wrote:Anyone using such a system or can offer some help and idea's how to wire it up to my CB24 control box?

GSM opener.

Looks like it can send a txt to your mobile when the gates are opened.

I dunno, I'm sure I shouldn't be trying to install these gate openers myself. Big Grin

Pictures borrowed without permission. Wink

To install this device i would use the bRight port and connect the power or red and black wire to the accessorie power on the left hand side for the CB24 then use the 2 x yellow normally open clean contacts to open and com on the cb24 it does not matter which way around for these wires.
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
Mark Wrote:To install this device i would use the bRight port and connect the power or red and black wire to the accessorie power on the left hand side for the CB24 then use the 2 x yellow normally open clean contacts to open and com on the cb24 it does not matter which way around for these wires.

Thanks Mark for the reply, to power the unit I was going to have its own supply as its instructions say
*IMPORTANT: The power source for the Dial2open unit MUST be capable of suppling
12 or 24V ac or dc @ 1 Amp minimum.
Be aware that most gate control panels CANNOT
supply this current.*

So I'd only really need to connect the 2 yellow wirea on the right port to the CB24.

Is there anyway to get a 12 volt input on the board so whenever the gates are opened I'll get the alarm txt off dial2open unit? (does that make sense?) flashing light or maglock could that be used to trigger it?

TIA
All wired up and now working fine.

Just a note for anyone, in the instructions for adding phone numbers to the white list its says

Please note that it is possible to program up to a maximum 10 digits for a number.
if it has more digits you should use he rightmost ones. For example, if your number is
33446665555 you should program 3446665555.

Nope, didn't work for me knocking off the first digit to get a 10 digit number.

White list now works with 11 digit numbers.