Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums
BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - Printable Version

+- Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums (https://www.gateguide.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Gate Automation and Installation Help (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: BFT Automatic Gate Openers (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper (/showthread.php?tid=6983)

BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - jc.34@outlook.com - 26-07-2022

Hello please can you advise i bought a new bft-lux hydraulic arm to replace a old one put it place it was exactly the same fitted straight in but it don't open all the way to the stop its fine closing but when opening it goes through its slowing down and then just comes to a stop without reaching the stopper 

if i nee to ad oil can some explain how i do that does it need to be bleed or can i just put some oil in it also what oil 

i have done some research and called the company i bought from but they wont help as i am not a installer as my job and struggled to get any info just keep getting told to get the person that installed it ? Sad 

thanks for any help

RE: BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - benbrooks - 03-08-2022

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry,

The Oil is a special oil by BFT, they do offer a service where they can top up the oil for you all you need to do is send the arm back to them and they will do it for you.

The oil is called IDROLUX, If you are not that confident or have the knowledge on doing this yourself I would recommend this be done by a competent person if not BFT themselves as these are very sensitive to being broken when taken apart by people who are not within the industry.

Furthermore, this is not necessarily a problem with the motor it could be to do with the force settings on your control panel which need adjusting, could you inform me of what contorl panel you have?

Many thanks 

Ben

RE: BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - jc.34@outlook.com - 08-08-2022

(03-08-2022, 02:30 PM)benbrooks Wrote: Hi,

The Oil is a special oil by BFT, they do offer a service where they can top up the oil for you all you need to do is send the arm back to them and they will do it for you.

The oil is called IDROLUX, If you are not that confident or have the knowledge on doing this yourself I would recommend this be done by a competent person if not BFT themselves as these are very sensitive to being broken when taken apart by people who are not within the industry.

Furthermore, this is not necessarily a problem with the motor it could be to do with the force settings on your control panel which need adjusting, could you inform me of what contorl panel you have?

Many thanks 

Ben
thanks for reply i am not sure who to contace as BFT are not interested at all plus the original on the other side is doing the same thing, Also if i wait for it to stop and press the open button again the open all the way as they should they are slowing down way before the get to the stop mark like 2 foot before is there not a way to adjust them to slow down 6 inches before the stopper then it would reach ? it is so frustration a courier just hit them as he has drove up lots of times in the past and just did not see they was not all the way open and it was dark Sad

RE: BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - benbrooks - 12-08-2022

(08-08-2022, 06:22 PM)jc.34@outlook.com Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 02:30 PM)benbrooks Wrote: Hi,

Many thanks 

Ben
thanks for reply i am not sure who to contace as BFT are not interested at all plus the original on the other side is doing the same thing, Also if i wait for it to stop and press the open button again the open all the way as they should they are slowing down way before the get to the stop mark like 2 foot before is there not a way to adjust them to slow down 6 inches before the stopper then it would reach ? it is so frustration a courier just hit them as he has drove up lots of times in the past and just did not see they was not all the way open and it was dark Sad

Hi,

Thank you for your response,

Just out of interest what control panel are you using so I can refer to the manual to see if there is some adjustments that you can make to remedy the issue.

Many thanks 

Ben

RE: BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - jc.34@outlook.com - 12-08-2022

Hello I have the Lux fc 2B I tried to upload some pic

I think I need to change the running time but can’t find a manual to show me how

I will try send pics Monday when I get home.

Thanks

RE: BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - jc.34@outlook.com - 15-08-2022

(12-08-2022, 04:04 PM)jc.34@outlook.com Wrote: Hello I have the Lux fc 2B I tried to upload some pic

I think I need to change the running time but can’t find a manual to show me how

I will try send pics Monday when I get home.

Thanks

RE: BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - jc.34@outlook.com - 15-08-2022

i think i need to turn of the slowing down bit as its not suppose to slow down i have been told and then it will have more time to open but have no idea how to do that

hello ben if you could explain how to turn of the slow down bit if you are able that would be amazing

i think this arm or control panel has 17 seconds to open ?? if it spend 4 or 5 seconds slowing down thats were i am losing the time at a guess

RE: BFT Lux 2B FC Motor not opening all the way to stopper - JoeF - 19-08-2022

(15-08-2022, 11:12 AM)jc.34@outlook.com Wrote: hello ben if you could explain how to turn of the slow down bit if you are able that would be amazing

i think this arm or control panel has 17 seconds to open ?? if it spend 4 or 5 seconds slowing down thats were i am losing the time at a guess

Hi, 

Hope you are well,

Please contact us on the below number opt 2 as we can guide you through how this is done.

Regards
Joe