Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums
MC424 install WI-FI Switch - Printable Version

+- Electric Gates, Garage Door, Access Control, Smart Home & Security Forums (https://www.gateguide.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Gate Automation and Installation Help (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Nice Gate Openers (https://www.gateguide.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: MC424 install WI-FI Switch (/showthread.php?tid=6815)

MC424 install WI-FI Switch - dreqonline - 16-04-2021

Hello,
I recently bought a wi-fi switch and I want to install it in my MC424 unit. The job seems straight forward but I need a confirmation so I dont damage my unit Smile.

This is the switch:

This is how I would connect it to my unit:

I will check the switch so it does not have voltage on the pins I would connect into pins 11 (common) and Pin 15(step by step).

I imagine when I switch on, the gates will close/open and when I switch off, they would close/open, depending on the state they were in initially. 

So is this correct, should I proceed? Thank you for your time.

Edit: This is how my unit looks like now:

RE: MC424 install WI-FI Switch - JamieF - 20-04-2021

Hi,

I hope you are well. This idea looks acceptable. You will need to ensure that the switch is in fact a dry contact (which you believe it is). If so, this will work. For example, if your gates are in the closed position and you switch on an open command will be sent to the SBS opening the gate. You will then have to switch off, on, to send a close command to the SBS.

Regards,
-Jamie

RE: MC424 install WI-FI Switch - dreqonline - 20-04-2021

Hi Jamie,
I installed the switch and it works perfectly. I forgot to update the thread, good thing you replied Smile.
All I had to do extra is put the switch in inching mode with a 2 sec delay, because by default it was in normal switch operating mode.
Considering they sell these switches extremely cheap this is a very nice addition to my gates.

Cheers,
George

RE: MC424 install WI-FI Switch - Petersjcage - 05-07-2021

I am new to the forum.
I have the exact same wifi receiver and I would like to connect it to a Nice Robus 400.
I just don't know what goes where.
Please help

RE: MC424 install WI-FI Switch - JamieF - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 07:36 AM)Petersjcage Wrote: I am new to the forum.
I have the exact same wifi receiver and I would like to connect it to a Nice Robus 400.
Please help

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well. You will need to take your power from the right side of stop and the left hand side of PP. The right hand side of stop is negative (-) and the left hand side of P.P is positive (+). You will then need to wire into P.P instead of COM and SBS. The polarity of this does not matter, simply wire from the smart switch into the P.P terminal, it is fine to have this and your power wired into the same terminal.

Kind regards
-Jamie

RE: MC424 install WI-FI Switch - psmedley - 04-03-2022

(05-07-2021, 12:42 PM)JamieF Wrote:
Please help

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well. You will need to take your power from the right side of stop and the left hand side of PP. The right hand side of stop is negative (-) and the left hand side of P.P is positive (+). You will then need to wire into P.P instead of COM and SBS. The polarity of this does not matter, simply wire from the smart switch into the P.P terminal, it is fine to have this and your power wired into the same terminal.
Thanks for  this - what voltage should I expect to receive from the right side of stop and the left hand side of PP?  24VDC?

RE: MC424 install WI-FI Switch - JamieF - 07-03-2022

(04-03-2022, 06:30 AM)psmedley Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 12:42 PM)JamieF Wrote:
Please help

Hi Peter,

Thanks for  this - what voltage should I expect to receive from the right side of stop and the left hand side of PP?  24VDC?
Hi Peter,

Correct, 24vDC. 

Kind regards
-Jamie