Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
ZN7 Undervoltage, no power to photocell
Hello,

I'm having trouble with a Came SDN4 gate. The controller is ZN7.
The gate stays open, but it occasionally close when I leave it with the power on.

I noticed there is no power to one of the photocell emitters (DIR10), and sometimes the power is back on by itself for an hour or so.

The controller board display shows C1 which to my understanding, it means it kept open by the photocells.

So I tried the following but to no avail.
- Replaced the photocell
- Replaced accessories fuse
- Reconnected all the wiring to ensure to have contact with the terminals.

I measured the voltage of the photocell power line, and it read around 5-6v. Then I measured the power points(10 & 2) on the terminal, it only outputting around 14v, which should be 24v.

Also measured the transformer and it has the correct 24v AC output.

I'm stumped at the moment, the next thing I would do is to replace the controller board, but I don't want to spend £130 before getting advice from you guys.

Did anyone have a similar issue?
(23-04-2023, 08:55 PM)sundried Wrote: Hello,

I'm having trouble with a Came SDN4 gate. The controller is ZN7.
The gate stays open, but it occasionally close when I leave it with the power on.

I noticed there is no power to one of the photocell emitters (DIR10), and sometimes the power is back on by itself for an hour or so.

The controller board display shows C1 which to my understanding, it means it kept open by the photocells.

So I tried the following but to no avail.
- Replaced the photocell
- Replaced accessories fuse
- Reconnected all the wiring to ensure to have contact with the terminals.

I measured the voltage of the photocell power line, and it read around 5-6v. Then I measured the power points(10 & 2) on the terminal, it only outputting around 14v, which should be 24v.

Also measured the transformer and it has the correct 24v AC output.

I'm stumped at the moment, the next thing I would do is to replace the controller board, but I don't want to spend £130 before getting advice from you guys.

Did anyone have a similar issue?

Hi Sundried,

We haven't had this fault come through before after all the photocells have been replaced and the wiring connections are all checked.
I would just say have you checked the alignment of the photocells?
what is the photocell led doing?

Matt
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAME sliding gate drops codes after power outage Catch 1 2,186 02-03-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: SamA
  Came Gates - power cut issues Paddy_SP 2 7,097 22-07-2021, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Paddy_SP