Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Came BX-74/78
Good morning all
My Came BX-74 gate is giving me problems after many years of good service.
The motor suddenlly stopped responding to the remote, all the remotes I have so not a remote problem.
The PCB LED is constantly flashing, I have by-passed the photocells, bridged 2&C1, still the same.
I haev checked all connections and contacts that I can see and so I am looking for some guidance.
Is there anywear I can actuate operation directly on the PCB, I have been working with the covers off but with the lower access door locked.
After looking the wiring over I gather the photocells, 4, are powered from terminals 10 & 11 then continuity returned between 2 & C1, the reason I bridged 2 & C1. Cool
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Chris
(20-03-2023, 09:10 AM)cjd123x@gmail.com Wrote: Good morning all
My Came BX-74 gate is giving me problems after many years of good service.
The motor suddenlly stopped responding to the remote, all the remotes I have so not a remote problem.
The PCB LED is constantly flashing, I have by-passed the photocells, bridged 2&C1, still the same.
I haev checked all connections and contacts that I can see and so I am looking for some guidance.
Is there anywear I can actuate operation directly on the PCB, I have been working with the covers off but with the lower access door locked.
After looking the wiring over I gather the photocells, 4, are powered from terminals 10 & 11 then continuity returned between 2 & C1, the reason I bridged 2 & C1. Cool
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Chris

Good Morning Chris,

Sometimes the Receivers do fail, so by shorting between terminals 1 and 2. This should give the gate an open command. If the gate doesnt move, its either a block command or constant short on an acccessory terminal preventing it to open. I would recommend taking the board back to basics and either linking out if needed or removing all the accessories. Then if the gate operates from 1 and 2. Re-instate all the accessories one by one. Failing that, it may be a capacitor issue, which will need to be replaced and wired into terminals U and V.

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
Hi Sam and thanks for your input.
I am not too clear, are you saying a bridge between terminals 1 & 2 on the main PCB will give the run command?
my understand was terminal 1 was STOP button input and terminal 2 was Photocells negative.
I have removed (bridged) photocells between terminal 2 & C1, so in my mind that elimiantes problems with them, although I am getting continuity when they are powered.
Ihave also checked both limit switches terminating at FA,FC & F, they are both OK.
There are no other control buttons just remote controls, of which I have about 4 or 5 and none of them will work????
Any ideas please????
Has anyone any more ideas, I am still struggling with this one.
Hi Sam
Many thans for you input.
Yes, link between 1 & 2 has got it operating on the open command fron the remote, however I have now lost all other commands, so I now need to work out how to program in the remote buttons.
Regards
Chris
(24-03-2023, 11:30 AM)cjd123x@gmail.com Wrote: Hi Sam
Many thans for you input.
Yes, link between 1 & 2 has got it operating on the open command fron the remote, however I have now lost all other commands, so I now need to work out how to program in the remote buttons.
Regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the late response.

Please see below.

Make sure the receiver card is plugged in on the right hand side.

Press and hold the CH1 button on the bottom of the PCB until the LED flashes.

Then press and hold the button on the remote control for 3 seconds.

Please see page 18 on the manual below if you are struggling.

https://manuals.easygates.co.uk/PDF/CAME...201_EN.pdf

Sam.

Sam
Thanks so much for your help, I think I am getting there.
The motor will now respond to the key fob but only on one button, to OPEN.
Maybe I am being a bit thick but I cannot understand how I program in the other buttons.
The way I had it before; Button A - Open command, this would open the gate, the gate would then pause, fully opened, then close.
Button B was a PARK command, the gate would stop and stay ther until it got an OPEN command from button A.
Button C was a PARTIALLY OPEN command, the same as A but the gate only opened for pedestrian.
I have lost button B & C operations and I m struggling to set them up.
Your suggestion to link 1&2 has got things going again but I am puzzled as there was no link in there before?????
I am very grateful for your help.
Regards
Chris
(24-03-2023, 03:45 PM)cjd123x@gmail.com Wrote: Sam
Thanks so much for your help, I think I am getting there.
The motor will now respond to the key fob but only on one button, to OPEN.
Maybe I am being a bit thick but I cannot understand how I program in the other buttons.
The way I had it before; Button A - Open command, this would open the gate, the gate would then pause, fully opened, then close.
Button B was a PARK command, the gate would stop and stay ther until it got an OPEN command from button A.
Button C was a PARTIALLY OPEN command, the same as A but the gate only opened for pedestrian.
I have lost button B & C operations and I m struggling to set them up.
Your suggestion to link 1&2 has got things going again but I am puzzled as there was no link in there before?????
I am very grateful for your help.
Regards
Chris

Hi,

Make sure Dipswitch 9 is on, this turns terminals 1 and 2 from a total stop (Normally closed contact) to a normally open (trigger). When you short with a bit of wire between 1 and 2 this will trigger the gate to open.

I believe on these remotes the functions are auto-assigned to each button. So if you do the same process as mentioned before but to all the other buttons it will assign them to their correct function.

If you are still struggling, please give CAME technical a call on table 0115 9210430

Sam.