Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
BFT Thalia ‘Hold Open’
Hi guys,

Got a BFT Thalia L which is all configured up and working fine, but was trying to find a way of configuring them to stay open on the 2nd button press.

As far as I can tell all of the opening modes (Open, Open Timer, Start I, Start E) all open, wait for the TCA timer and then close again.

None of the step by step movement options seem to have a step which makes them stay open either. (E.g. press open when already open) 

I’ve wired the 2nd channel output relay to the IC2 input, so just want to find some logic which works for opening on a button press and then staying open until the next press.

I also want to keep the normal button as open -> timer -> close. 

Does anyone know if that’s possible?

Thanks!
(02-10-2022, 12:52 PM)hehasmoments Wrote: Hi guys,

Got a BFT Thalia L which is all configured up and working fine, but was trying to find a way of configuring them to stay open on the 2nd button press.

As far as I can tell all of the opening modes (Open, Open Timer, Start I, Start E) all open, wait for the TCA timer and then close again.

None of the step by step movement options seem to have a step which makes them stay open either. (E.g. press open when already open) 

I’ve wired the 2nd channel output relay to the IC2 input, so just want to find some logic which works for opening on a button press and then staying open until the next press.

Thanks!

Hi,

By the looks of the manual, IC0 and IC1 can be configured to step by step (4 step). The second command is a stop command if the Step by step logic is set to 0 (4 step).

Hope this helps.

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(06-10-2022, 10:49 AM)SamA Wrote:

Thanks!

Hi,

By the looks of the manual, IC0 and IC1 can be configured to step by step (4 step). The second command is a stop command if the Step by step logic is set to 0 (4 step).

Hope this helps.

Sam.

Hello, 
Can you please elaborate on the solution? I would be very interested to get it working 
Best, 
Bart
(24-01-2023, 05:49 PM)Dr_mariano Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 10:49 AM)SamA Wrote:

Thanks!

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Sam.

Hello, 
Can you please elaborate on the solution? I would be very interested to get it working 
Best, 
Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the message,

whilst automatic closure is set you cannot have one button to keep it open, the only method you can try is pressing the button on the remote until the gates reach just before the fully open position and then press the same button to provide a stop command.

Kind Regards 
Joe

You could activate a "hold open" by interrupting the safety device feed with a switch.
(18-08-2023, 03:30 PM)Caesium Wrote: You could activate a "hold open" by interrupting the safety device feed with a switch.

Great, thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ecosol/Kustos doesn't open and close fully? supremee 3 2,406 09-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: EdwardBab
  Thalia - Photocell Close J to the D 1 839 19-01-2024, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT LUX2B Intermittent failure to open brookkr 4 8,084 07-09-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 3,875 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
  Thalia P - Wireless control board module mathewnorris22 1 2,753 02-03-2023, 03:17 PM
Last Post: SamA
  thalia error code 3h 35/37/38 detritus 1 2,388 05-01-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SamA
  BFT Thalia button djbananas 3 4,263 19-04-2022, 09:14 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  BFT Thalia GSM gate opener SunnyB1 1 3,033 07-03-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  BFT controlled gates open but don't close MikeJep 5 19,844 04-01-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Lux/Thalia P ersl error Dava12 0 2,390 13-12-2021, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Dava12