Thread Rating:
  • 328 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average
What kind to get?
Hi, im looking to get some electric gates for security reasons as our driveway leads onto our garden. However i am unsure what the best kind of automation would be for this.

Basically because of the width of the driveway apparently the arm isnt possible. We have been told pneaumatic, worm screw and underground are all possible. Obviously initial cost is a factor but we dont know anything else really about them.

For instance which is likely to last longer before repair? costs to repair them? which is most secure? Not really sure what else to ask but if anyone can help me decide that would be great.
If you would like to email us a photo of the Gates and Posts they are attatched to we can advise what would be best for your project
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
(11-10-2011, 01:07 PM)Mark Wrote: If you would like to email us a photo of the Gates and Posts they are attatched to we can advise what would be best for your project

currently there are no gates as these will be fitted at the same point, but they will be a metal frame with wood panels so they cant be seen through.
No problem if you could let me know what posts or pillars they are going to be attatched to and what motors you would prefer either Underground or Arm type Motors !
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
Hi Mark

currently there isnt anything to attach to on the driveway so it will have to be done from scratch.

Basically cant decide which would be better to go for. Gates with underground automation or ones with a worm drive.

we want to know which is more secure, which needs less maintenance and when maintenance is needed how much roughly.
Look into EASYGATES - NICE METRO KIT 2. I have done the underground openers **********. They are a good opener but you are going to want to take into account your weather patterns. If you are in a very cold regein you will want to shy away from hydraulic openers that are underground. Are you going to be installing these yourself or having a company install them? I am a little confused on what you mean by your driveway leads to your garden. A gate and opener being used for security reasons are going to be made up of many different componets. You can take a very basic gate opener and make it more secure with other componets. Also the construction of the gate itself is going to be a security factor. Is this gate for your personal residence or is it going on some kind of a business? Do you have a price range set yet? What is the length and height of the gate? Are you going to have a man gate nearby? Anyway short answer is Hysecurity swingsmart imo