Thread Rating:
  • 236 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
advice
I have the UGO300 Lift master underground automation fitted on double gates, these has worked incident free for 5years and I must say are great, however recently it blew the 5 amp fuse within the control panel, I replaced this and the gates opened using the remote, but blew the fuse again in the open position, I replaced the fuse and the motors sounded like they engaged but would not close the gates, as I assume the control panel thought they should be opening the gates.

The fuse eventually blew due to me pressing the remote button continuously to make it close. I have replaced the fuse again and while the control panel neon’s are all lit, nothing happens when I press the remote, not even the sound of the motors engaging as they did previously. I have checked the motors and there is only 0.3volts there, I don’t know if that is sufficient?

Can anyone give me some advice on what to check to identify the problem? My gut feeling is that it is in the control panel and not the motors, but I am will to try anything.
Use the manual release and see if the motors work ok with no load on them.

here's the manuals in case you've lost them

http://www.liftmaster.com.au/swing_gates.htm#sub300

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on new gate install - LIFTMASTER LYN424 Leeb 1 15,656 22-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Last Post: russ