Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Came FROG-A + ZA3 controller > gates wont close safety beam
Hello

we have 2 x FROG-A 230V underground motors and ZA3 control panel on a double leaf gate which have been working fine for about 6 years.

Gates are now stuck open and I noticed that when a button on the fob is pressed one gate moves about an inch to try to close and then opens and stays open.

I opened the control panel and the red led and green flashing led are both lit when powered. 
When I press the fob I can hear a click (relay?)  and then the green led goes out but comes back on after about 12 seconds.

(a) could it be due to the age of the capacitors  > should I just replace them 

(b) would a fault with the safety beam or a broken wire cause this     I ask as I would usually hear a click when walking through the beam but it doesnt appear to be making the noise now   >  can i turn off the safety beam using the dip switches or override to test

I would guess that it is unlikely to be an issue with the beam transmitter / receiver but how could i check this ?

thanks in advance for any suggestions
29th update I replaced capacitors but no difference so disconnected the safety beam and intercom and was able to bridge connections to open and close the gate so looks like its the DIR10 unit or the wiring to / from them i will open and clean out the spiders etc and see if it makes a difference
Hi Endam,

Make sure that they are also aligned seeing each other.

Regards mike
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
Hi,
 I have the same problem and exactly as described, there's actually a similar post - see below.
Any chance you identified the root cause?

Came gates stuck open
Regards.
(31-01-2023, 12:06 AM)Androidus Wrote: Hi,
 I have the same problem and exactly as described, there's actually a similar post - see below.
Any chance you identified the root cause?

Came gates stuck open
Regards.

Hi,

These boards are very basic, if you have changed the capacitors and disconnected the photocells (turned parameter off). I would recommend taking out all accessories wired in. Relearning the timed learning sequence and then reintegrating all the accessories one by one until you get rid of the fault/identify which accessory is causing the issue.

Sam.

Hi Sam,

That was a good idea. I've done just that and it works again albeit without any sensors. Next step add the sensors one by one and find the fault as suggested.
(14-02-2023, 11:18 PM)Androidus Wrote: Hi Sam,

That was a good idea. I've done just that and it works again albeit without any sensors. Next step add the sensors one by one and find the fault as suggested.

Hi Androidus,

Great to hear Smile

You may find its an alignment, cable break or the photocells themselves.

Sam.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAME Frog AE-p24 kit Push Button Stuartl 2 1,431 20-10-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Stuartl
  Frog A24E motor stopping SW1806 7 5,723 24-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: SamA
  Gates out of sync frankjboyd 5 16,331 05-01-2023, 11:52 AM
  Came Gates Error code E14 janker 3 5,400 14-11-2022, 11:59 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Came FROG A noisy fezster 1 3,558 30-09-2022, 03:16 PM
  My Came ZM3E gates won’t open golfnut75 1 4,893 12-08-2022, 08:40 AM
  ZA3 Came gates not opening with RF device chooper 5 6,960 24-06-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Came FROG - one leaf occasionally does not open fezster 3 7,402 03-08-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Came Gates - power cut issues Paddy_SP 2 6,947 22-07-2021, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Paddy_SP
  Came Double Swing Gates opens by itself for some centimeters risp73 0 8,560 19-06-2020, 06:19 PM
Last Post: risp73