Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
BFT photocell low power/no power
Hi, I have BFT Sub 24v motors which have worked more or less, for some years - a drunk driver hit my gate posts which have now been rebuilt. The board powers up and everything seems to work OK but the code "Photocl" shows constantly. I realise this is the board thinking the photcells are not clear but I cannot seem to get them working. No matter what cells I use, the maximum power I get on connection 1&2 on the photocells, or on port 50&51 on th Thalia board is less than 1v. 

I am thinking I am simply not getting enough power from the board. Is there any other reason this wouldn't work? I am testing using a multimeter set to 20v dc testing and it reads 0.2. I also have a set of Nice motors elsewhere on the property and the same test process returns a reading of between 9-23v when the motors are active.

A simple keypad which also used to work doesn't power up from the same ports so I am really thinknig the board is not outputting enough to power devices.

All cables are tested and working - even when I try to wire it up locally I get nothing - no Photocell clicks like I used to.

Any advice welcome - I have had the gates out of action for a year whilst the insurers sorted things out and I waited for a stonemason to revuild the gate butts.

K
(20-07-2022, 01:27 PM)kmeand Wrote: Hi, I have BFT Sub 24v motors which have worked more or less, for some years - a drunk driver hit my gate posts which have now been rebuilt. The board powers up and everything seems to work OK but the code "Photocl" shows constantly. I realise this is the board thinking the photcells are not clear but I cannot seem to get them working. No matter what cells I use, the maximum power I get on connection 1&2 on the photocells, or on port 50&51 on th Thalia board is less than 1v. 

I am thinking I am simply not getting enough power from the board. Is there any other reason this wouldn't work? I am testing using a multimeter set to 20v dc testing and it reads 0.2. I also have a set of Nice motors elsewhere on the property and the same test process returns a reading of between 9-23v when the motors are active.

A simple keypad which also used to work doesn't power up from the same ports so I am really thinknig the board is not outputting enough to power devices.

All cables are tested and working - even when I try to wire it up locally I get nothing - no Photocell clicks like I used to.

Any advice welcome - I have had the gates out of action for a year whilst the insurers sorted things out and I waited for a stonemason to revuild the gate butts.

K
Hi,

Thanks for the message,

in this instance i would agree with you and say the output on the board is faulty as these panels do not have accessory fuses, in would personally try using a standalone PSU to overcome this issue.

our part code HDR15-24 or HDR-15-12

Regards 
Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
Hi K,

If you have tested the positive and negative on the board and you are not receiving sufficient power then unfortunately, the board will need replacing or you will require using a separate power supply to power both the photocells and keypad or any other added accessories.

regards
Mike
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BFT photocell query Adamit 0 20 Yesterday, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Adamit
  Thalia - Photocell Close J to the D 1 509 19-01-2024, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Accessory Power Caesium 4 12,864 02-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Smith1105
  ICARO + LEO B CBB : 12V power for keypad? tommysharp 5 22,498 17-02-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Caesium
  Power surges markyjoe27 3 10,374 15-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: JoeF