Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
AES Slim clicking
I have an AES Slim installed (connected to a gate rim lock) and working but have a bit of an issue. When answering a call there are three loud clicks at the intercom before the person in the house is heard.

It is a simple setup with a single hands-free handset wired with 25m of Cat5E to the intercom (no key pad) and electric rim lock. Intercom and handset are powered by the supplied 24v adapter adjacent to the intercom. To eliminate possible interference I have switched off all power to nearby cables and the gate lock.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to remedy the clicking at the intercom when the call is answered?
Hi Stuart,

Does the lock release when when when giving it the command to open may I ask?

regard
Mike
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(01-12-2022, 01:44 PM)Michael Wrote: Hi Stuart,

Does the lock release when when when giving it the command to open may I ask?

regard
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes lock opens fine. I've just added a 12v supply direct to the handset, rather than relying on the power from the 24v at the intercom, in case that was the issue - it wasn't. Everything works as it should except for those three loud clicks at the intercom before the voice connection is opened.
Additional info,

It is possible to open communication from handset to intercom by just pressing the answer button (without receiving a call). It does this without the clicking issue, so it is only when answering a call that the clicking occurs.

I'm beginning to suspect that it is just a trait of the AES Slim - it would be interesting to try it with a Classic handset.
I have managed to get hold of AES technical support and am working through some additional troubleshooting options so will hopefully be resolved soon.
Hi stuart,

Let me know the outcome.

Regards
Mike

(02-12-2022, 10:58 AM)Michael Wrote: Hi stuart,

Let me know the outcome.

Regards
Mike

Ok, so AES say this clicking is as expected of this system, perhaps I shouldn't have gone for the cheap option. I haven't been able to find other videos of this intercom in action so it would be useful to have confirmation of this from other users. FWIW here's a video of the clicking issue I was experiencing: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/I4jhOrkNbQk

Edit:tried to embed the video here but without success.
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the info. ill look into this to see if any other customers experience the 3 clicks.

Regards
Mike