Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Obtaining capacitors to fit enclosure
I believe i need new capacitors for our Came gate system, as one leaf sometimes now fails to open. The current caps are 16uf, and i can see a number of sources, but i cant find any with slanted top connections that will permit them both to fit in the enclosure whilst still allowing the cables to fit and not clash with the enclosure. I hopefully have managed to attach an image, ignore the circle and arrow that was for my neighbour.

Any help locating a cap that will fit in with the enclosure would be most appreciated!

Attached Files Image(s)

To clarify, another problem is there is NO ROOM to accommodate a capacitor with a base stud, due to the proximity of the transformer to the left, which excludes for of the similar form factor caps that I have found, from being options.
Hi,

If the 16Uf capacitor doesnt fit you have two options.
1. Find a different shape capacitor with dimensions which fit.
2. add the existing system into a larger IP rated housing, within this you can house the capacitors in a separate area.

Best regards,
Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(19-05-2022, 07:53 AM)Abbadon Wrote: To clarify, another problem is there is NO ROOM to accommodate  a capacitor with a base stud, due to the proximity of the transformer to the left, which excludes for of the similar form factor caps that I have found, from being options.

Hi,

Please see the link below, these may be ideal.

https://www.easygates.co.uk/product/16capw/

Best regards,

Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(23-05-2022, 09:07 AM)JamieF Wrote:
(19-05-2022, 07:53 AM)Abbadon Wrote: To clarify, another problem is there is NO ROOM to accommodate  a capacitor with a base stud, due to the proximity of the transformer to the left, which excludes for of the similar form factor caps that I have found, from being options.

Hi,

Please see the link below, these may be ideal.

https://www.easygates.co.uk/product/16capw/

Best regards,

Jamie

Yes, this is what I have gone for, with some WAGO's to link new and old wiring up reliably. 

Thanks all for help Big Grin 
(18-05-2022, 09:34 AM)Abbadon Wrote: I believe i need new capacitors for our Came gate system, as one leaf sometimes now fails to open. The current caps are 16uf, and i can see a number of sources, but i cant find any with slanted top connections that will permit them both to fit in the enclosure whilst still allowing the cables to fit and not clash with the enclosure. I hopefully have managed to attach an image, ignore the circle and arrow that was for my neighbour.

Any help locating a cap that will fit in with the enclosure would be most appreciated!

Hi,

I have done some research and i cannot find a capacitor with slanted prongs. I believe the previous installer would have bent them with some pliers to accommodate the box.

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products