Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Aria 400 - gates keep opening and closing
Hello fellow automation fans!
Turning to this forum as the troubleshooting in the Aria manual is a little limited.   

I had a Aria 400 kit installed a month or so ago and its been working great.  A few days ago, it started continually opening.  There is nothing blocking the photo beams.  When I press the close button, the gates will close again but as soon as they hit the stop, they open again, and repeat, and repeat etc.  
Eventually it stops and they stay closed.  The gates will open correctly on demand but once opened, again they will continually close and open for up to 10 cycles.  i do not know why and hope that some in this forum will be able to tell me.   there is nothing blocking the gates, and they will open fully and hit the stop, and close fully to the stop.  ( then open, close, open close etc)

Has anyone come across this or got any ideas on what i need to do other than a factory reset?

many thanks for your help and please feel free to call me out if im being daft and have not thought of something simple!  

Objohnuk
(08-04-2022, 08:40 AM)objohnuk Wrote: Hello fellow automation fans!
Turning to this forum as the troubleshooting in the Aria manual is a little limited.   

I had a Aria 400 kit installed a month or so ago and its been working great.  A few days ago, it started continually opening.  There is nothing blocking the photo beams.  When I press the close button, the gates will close again but as soon as they hit the stop, they open again, and repeat, and repeat etc.  
Eventually it stops and they stay closed.  The gates will open correctly on demand but once opened, again they will continually close and open for up to 10 cycles.  i do not know why and hope that some in this forum will be able to tell me.   there is nothing blocking the gates, and they will open fully and hit the stop, and close fully to the stop.  ( then open, close, open close etc)

Has anyone come across this or got any ideas on what i need to do other than a factory reset?

many thanks for your help and please feel free to call me out if im being daft and have not thought of something simple!  

Objohnuk

Hi,

Thanks for the message, 

this to me seems like an obstacle detection via the force limiter, essentially this means that the gate is "seeing something in the way" when the fault occurs could you take a look at the ECSBus to see how many times this is flashing.

Kind regards
Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gates tripped Phil.c 0 63 15-04-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Phil.c
  Came ZA3 gates stuck open Ivorwindybottom 0 324 18-02-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Ivorwindybottom
  Electric Gates with AllMatic BIOS2 Unit antsnaith 3 1,462 31-01-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: patronsecurity
  Came gates za3p Webby 4 8,870 07-01-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Simon NW
  Nice Gates not closing StuL 1 1,485 24-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Gates Opening After Closing tht7 2 9,558 30-07-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: lcpbarbosa
  LIFE AC4 Closing Issues dilbertdog 0 661 29-07-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dilbertdog
  Came gates stuck open. Ring8180 7 16,842 23-02-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: SamA
  Robus 600 not closing fully All Well 11 8,989 03-08-2022, 02:42 PM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Proteco Q60 - FH error then close after opening Needlerp 1 2,349 24-06-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: JamieF