Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
RCD trip on close LUX 2B
Hi, I have a single LUX 2B running on a Rigel 5 controller. Recently started having issues with it tripping the RCD when on a gate closing cycle. I've replaced the RCD with no luck, motor capacitor has been tested and is all gd. Photocells have been inspected, one did have water ingress, I haven't tested with the photocells disconnected. Starting to think the motor has gone bad, is there anything else I can test/try? 

Cheers
Dave  Big Grin
(28-03-2022, 09:10 PM)DP86 Wrote: Hi, I have a single LUX 2B running on a Rigel 5 controller. Recently started having issues with it tripping the RCD when on a gate closing cycle. I've replaced the RCD with no luck, motor capacitor has been tested and is all gd. Photocells have been inspected, one did have water ingress, I haven't tested with the photocells disconnected. Starting to think the motor has gone bad, is there anything else I can test/try? 

Cheers
Dave  Big Grin

Hi Dave,

thanks for the message,

this to me sounds like it is either a short on the closing phase of the motor cable or a short on the motor windings which intern could have been caused via water ingress, have you checked the cable at all?

Thanks 
Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(13-04-2022, 11:33 AM)JoeF Wrote:
(28-03-2022, 09:10 PM)DP86 Wrote: Hi, I have a single LUX 2B running on a Rigel 5 controller. Recently started having issues with it tripping the RCD when on a gate closing cycle. I've replaced the RCD with no luck, motor capacitor has been tested and is all gd. Photocells have been inspected, one did have water ingress, I haven't tested with the photocells disconnected. Starting to think the motor has gone bad, is there anything else I can test/try? 

Cheers
Dave  Big Grin

Hi Dave,

thanks for the message,

this to me sounds like it is either a short on the closing phase of the motor cable or a short on the motor windings which intern could have been caused via water ingress, have you checked the cable at all?

Thanks 
Joe

Cable and glands all look good, no visible cuts or damage, is it possible to open up and inspect the internals on the Lux2B? (Looks like its a sealed unit for the hydraulic fluid). 

I've tested with the photocells disconnected and a jumper wire used in their place, still trips so that rules out the cells.

Cheers,
Dave
(13-04-2022, 08:40 PM)DP86 Wrote:
(13-04-2022, 11:33 AM)JoeF Wrote:

Cheers
Dave  Big Grin

Hi Dave,

thanks for the message,

Thanks 
Joe

Cable and glands all look good, no visible cuts or damage, is it possible to open up and inspect the internals on the Lux2B? (Looks like its a sealed unit for the hydraulic fluid). 

I've tested with the photocells disconnected and a jumper wire used in their place, still trips so that rules out the cells.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to us,

Unfortunately in this circumstance you cannot really open up the motor due to it being hydraulic and attempting to do so may cause further damage. The issue could lie with the motor or the actual cabling itself and providing the cables are in good condition and there is no shorts between them I would most likely say that the motor has became faulty.

Thanks 

Ben
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ecosol/Kustos doesn't open and close fully? supremee 3 2,070 09-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: EdwardBab
  Thalia - Photocell Close J to the D 1 521 19-01-2024, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT controlled gates open but don't close MikeJep 5 19,638 04-01-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Remote only working close up Uphill 0 2,563 03-10-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Uphill
  Gate wont close issue MR_ROBOT 1 9,239 04-07-2020, 01:10 PM
Last Post: MR_ROBOT
  Gate won't close on manual or auto Baz1981 0 5,888 23-06-2020, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Baz1981
  BFT Gate won't open or close Steveturbocal 0 8,495 17-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Steveturbocal
  BFT Rigel 5--how to set swing gate slow close at end ? jojo351 2 93,730 29-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Last Post: jojo351
  BFT two gate system - left side suddenly refuses to close thomasario 1 14,682 16-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Sav
  BFT Deimos gate won't close Arthur_k99 15 77,930 03-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Arthur_k99