Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.43 Average
Nice Robus sliding gate state
Hi all

I try to integrate sliding gate operation into my home automation and surveillance system.
The sliding gate is operated by a Nice RB400 with control unit RBA3R10 like this one  https://www.remote-control-esma.com/nice...rol-panel/
Sending open/close commands its easy. Control unit exposes terminals for these commands where i can connect my control device.
But in addition to sending commands i want to know the state of the gate, at least basic states: fully open or closed and here comes my problem.
Ideally would be if i could have access to the signals provided by the mechanical switch which is activated when gate is closed or fully open and inactive when partially open. 
I couldn't find any information if these signals might be available in the backbone connector so i try to use OGI terminals.
With an oscilloscope, at a first glance looks to be feasible, but when entering details, the generated signal in OGI mode is so complicated and impossible to use. 
In other modes like programmed to be ON when gate open, the signal is ON (~30V) when gate is fully open and OFF (~0V) in any other position, including partially open. So again unusable.

Finally my question(s) here
- does anybody know how to access the signals from the mechanical switch?
- can you point me to the pinout of the backbone connector of the control unit?
- any suggestion about detecting gate state?
(04-11-2022, 04:11 PM)ves Wrote: Hi all

I try to integrate sliding gate operation into my home automation and surveillance system.
The sliding gate is operated by a Nice RB400 with control unit RBA3R10 like this one  https://www.remote-control-esma.com/nice...rol-panel/
Sending open/close commands its easy. Control unit exposes terminals for these commands where i can connect my control device.
But in addition to sending commands i want to know the state of the gate, at least basic states: fully open or closed and here comes my problem.
Ideally would be if i could have access to the signals provided by the mechanical switch which is activated when gate is closed or fully open and inactive when partially open. 
I couldn't find any information if these signals might be available in the backbone connector so i try to use OGI terminals.
With an oscilloscope, at a first glance looks to be feasible, but when entering details, the generated signal in OGI mode is so complicated and impossible to use. 
In other modes like programmed to be ON when gate open, the signal is ON (~30V) when gate is fully open and OFF (~0V) in any other position, including partially open. So again unusable.

Hi,

If you use a handy relay card from the OGI output. When using the handy relay card the voltage output wires onto the coil side of the relay, then the output contact from the relay will then be a clean contact- voltage free.

The OGI works in the following way, when the gate is opening or closing the output flashes to indicate the gate is moving and when the gate is fully open the OGI output give you a permanent voltage, and when the gate is fully close the OGI output voltage turns off. The OGI stand for Open Gate Indicator.

Kindest Regards,

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(18-11-2022, 10:41 AM)SamA Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 04:11 PM)ves Wrote: Hi all

Hi,

If you use a handy relay card from the OGI output. When using the handy relay card the voltage output wires onto the coil side of the relay, then the output contact from the relay will then be a clean contact- voltage free.

The OGI works in the following way, when the gate is opening or closing the output flashes to indicate the gate is moving and when the gate is fully open the OGI output give you a permanent voltage, and when the gate is fully close the OGI output voltage turns off. The OGI stand for Open Gate Indicator.

Kindest Regards,

Sam.

Hi Sam and thx for your reply

Yes you are right about the signal.
I put an oscilloscope to monitor OGI signal and it looks like in this picture.
Its a regular train of impulses when gate is moving.
When gate is steady:
 - if closed, the signal is 0V
 - if open (full or partially open), the signal is 20 KHz continuous 

With some pretty complicated logic on my control device i can sense the state of the gate.
To get voltage-free signals I use optocouplers to sense OGI signal and to send commands to the gate.

Regards
Ves

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi all , 

I have a question about my sliding gate ( Nice T003000) , after learning the gate how much to open one of the gates it opens correctly but the second one it stop with aprox. 10 cm earlier. Can someone tell me what is the matter or how can i fix it ??
(30-11-2022, 09:07 AM)Uilacan Ovidiu Wrote: Hi all , 

I have a question about my sliding gate ( Nice T003000) , after learning the gate how much to open one of the gates it opens correctly but the second one it stop with aprox. 10 cm earlier. Can someone tell me what is the matter or how can i fix it ??

Hi,

This is usually down to geometry, if you can send us an email with a picture of your gate to technical@easygates.co.uk, we will be able to assist.

Kindest Regards,

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(01-12-2022, 10:38 AM)SamA Wrote:
(30-11-2022, 09:07 AM)Uilacan Ovidiu Wrote: Hi all , 

Hi,

This is usually down to geometry, if you can send us an email with a picture of your gate to technical@easygates.co.uk, we will be able to assist.

Kindest Regards,

Sam.

ok , thaks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding AES Gate Intecom / Opener to SEA Controller TyperViper 2 1,595 15-05-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: TyperViper