Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
WG20 Factory Reset ?
Hi there.  I have the mHouse WG20 system with a single motor that has been working just fine for approx 7 years. 

I opened the gate the other day during a period of high wind / resistance and the WG20 system shut itself down with the flashing lights ( 3 flash, 1 pause) giving the "gearmotor force" activation warning. 

I cannot get the system working again. The lights just keep flashing.

The gate opens and closes easily with the motor unlocked. All the moving parts / gears are well lubricated.

I have:

* Turned off power (no battery backup) for an extended period.  1 minute, 5 minutes and 1 hour
* Disconnected electric locks and intercom trigger
* After that didn't work I then disconnected the motor wiring from the control unit. Still get the error on power up of the control panel.

Is there a way to do a factory reset or override the error ?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
(25-09-2021, 12:01 AM)tsmyth@iinet.net.au Wrote: Hi there.  I have the mHouse WG20 system with a single motor that has been working just fine for approx 7 years. 

I opened the gate the other day during a period of high wind / resistance and the WG20 system shut itself down with the flashing lights ( 3 flash, 1 pause) giving the "gearmotor force" activation warning. 

I cannot get the system working again. The lights just keep flashing.

The gate opens and closes easily with the motor unlocked. All the moving parts / gears are well lubricated.

I have:

* Turned off power (no battery backup) for an extended period.  1 minute, 5 minutes and 1 hour
* Disconnected electric locks and intercom trigger
* After that didn't work I then disconnected the motor wiring from the control unit. Still get the error on power up of the control panel.

Is there a way to do a factory reset or override the error ?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Hope you are well. In order to factory default the panel you will need to hold down the bottom 2 buttons (P2&P3) for 10+ seconds. This will factory reset your panel. Once this has been done you can re learn the accessories and limits. If this does not work, feel free to get in touch with me and I will look into this further for yourself. 

Best regards,
Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mhouse WG20 Alex74 1 5,725 04-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Wg20 leaf close sync issues Jayjay 4 27,324 18-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Last Post: RyanB