Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Totally flummoxed in France
My wife and I have just bought a house with a set of gates driven by BFT Altair P motors.  The sellers gave us two remotes and everything had been working perfectly.  Gates were fully opening on command and closing about 20 seconds after passing through in either direction.

As we needed more than two remote units, I bought a couple more and a friend of my son offered to programme them from the main panel in the box on the gates.

Disaster!  Not only do the new remotes not work, but the gates are not functioning properly any more.  They will open part way, just about enough to drive through, but the auto close has been disabled as well.  They are not opening equally either.  My knowledge of such things amounts to the square root of nothing and downloading the manual hasn't enlightened me any further.

Any guidance would be extremely welcome.

Many thanks
Hi,

Hope you are well. It seems like the incorrect method of programming has lead to a change of settings on the system. I would recommend firstly factory resetting the gate system. Once this is done you can run through a basic learn procedure (via the spider diagram in the BFT manual). Note, you will need to find the model of PCB, as the manual for the motors wont provide a great deal of help. After learning in the basic opening angles, you will be able to choose automatic closure and set to x amount of seconds of which you would like. Remote learning will be an option at the end of learning the open and close distances (learn procedure).

If you can find out the model number of your PCB, i will be able to assist further.

Kind regards
- Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from France robograben 1 4,880 04-01-2022, 10:20 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Newbie just back from France Crocodilla Gates 2 13,701 14-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Crocodilla Gates