Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average
Nice RBA3 opens halfway
Hi,

I've inherited a Nice Robus RBA3 gate opener on my new house that drives an approx 4m gate using rack and pinion mechanism. I'd appreciate the following advice with my problem:

SUMMARY: Gate opens full but closes in stages. Halfway first and then fully. When it closes, it only closes halfway and then you have to press the button, which reopens it at first and then again to close. I just want it to close fully. Sometimes it'll get stuck in a loop of closing to halfway then opening fully then closing to halfway until I intervene.

1. I've been through the manual and looked at Level 1 and Level 2 programming modes that could cause this. It is not a partial opening problem, to my knowledge as I've enabled this feature and tested it at the 0.5m setting. I can create a partial opening but it still does this.
2. I've tried a factory reset - the same still happens 
3. The beam is not being broken and there is no irregularity in the rack mechanism. There is no debris on the runner that the wheels move on too.

I'd appreciate any advice 

Thanks
John
(15-08-2021, 08:50 PM)JohnW Wrote: Hi,

I've inherited a Nice Robus RBA3 gate opener on my new house that drives an approx 4m gate using rack and pinion mechanism. I'd appreciate the following advice with my problem:

SUMMARY: Gate opens full but closes in stages. Halfway first and then fully. When it closes, it only closes halfway and then you have to press the button, which reopens it at first and then again to close. I just want it to close fully. Sometimes it'll get stuck in a loop of closing to halfway then opening fully then closing to halfway until I intervene.

1. I've been through the manual and looked at Level 1 and Level 2 programming modes that could cause this. It is not a partial opening problem, to my knowledge as I've enabled this feature and tested it at the 0.5m setting. I can create a partial opening but it still does this.
2. I've tried a factory reset - the same still happens 
3. The beam is not being broken and there is no irregularity in the rack mechanism. There is no debris on the runner that the wheels move on too.

I'd appreciate any advice 

Thanks
John

Hi John,

Hope you are well. Firstly, how many flashes is the BLUEBUS LED showing per second?, different flashes represent different faults which can be found in the manual - this would be a good start. 
I would recommend resetting to factory default again and removing all accessories. If you do not have any other accessories other than the photocells, do not worry about this step.

After the reset, learn your photocells in by doing a BLUEBUS search. The procedure for this is shown in the manual. if the LED flashes stay flashing once per second, this is fine. 

Then, go through a limit search, you can find an automatic setting of limits in the manual, this is the next step following the BLUEBUS search. Once done, this should fix your error. Then introduce your accessories after if you have any.. for example push buttons, keypads etc. 

If this does not work, further diagnosis will be needed to see what is causing the motor to stop. I would recommend trying the above firstly, if this does not work send me an email on info@easygates (FAO Jamie) and we can look at this in more detail.

Hope this helps,
Kind regards
- Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nice robus D400 smartphone control YOSH 1 518 05-03-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Nice MC800 Wiring issue Adamzsite 2 543 05-03-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Michael
  nice robus troubleshooting tarmongaidon 7 16,099 30-01-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: hasanova
  Nice photo sensor issue F210 and MC824H gates won’t operate Tantrum 1 1,514 04-01-2024, 10:06 AM
  Nice Robus RBA3c Wifi Relay Switch Wiring denis 1 1,998 01-11-2023, 09:45 AM
  NICE MC800 Factory Reset bg148 5 2,873 12-10-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Nice MCA1 stuck open after stop command Khooke 1 2,320 25-09-2023, 10:47 AM
  Nice transmitters - compatibility Noghar 6 6,588 10-10-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  NICE MC82H - connecting maglock grangerd 3 4,830 10-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Nice Robus Don't Auto Close!!!! Ali_1982 1 4,298 03-08-2022, 02:23 PM