Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
FAAC NOT AUTO CLOSING. BROKEN WIRE

Hi.
I have a set of FAAC gates. They work on a master switch a sim card opening system where my phone opens the gates.
Everything was working perfectly until last week when the gates opened and closed ok but when the photocell was tripped the gates wont close unless you dial the number or flick the master switch.
I found the little white wire had broken off but cannot find the correct terminal to connect it back to.
Even with the wire not connected the gates open and close as they should. They only stop when the photocell is tripped.
Tearing my hair out in 30 degree heat.
Any help greatly appreciated.
I've images of the board and relay that triggers the sim card. Broken wire circled in red.
(21-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Slick19000 Wrote:    
Hi.
I have a set of FAAC gates. They work on a master switch a sim card opening system where my phone opens the gates.
Everything was working perfectly until last week when the gates opened and closed ok but when the photocell was tripped the gates wont close unless you dial the number or flick the master switch.
I found the little white wire had broken off but cannot find the correct terminal to connect it back to.
Even with the wire not connected the gates open and close as they should. They only stop when the photocell is tripped.
I've images of the board and relay that triggers the sim card. Broken wire circled in red.

Hi,

Hope you are well,

as colour code of cabling does not mean much in reality we will need to trace back where this wire had come from/ what it is connected to on the other end, would this be possible at all?

kind regards 
Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
strange as the photocells will only re open the gate during closing.
if you have the board set to semi automatic then they will not re close with out a pulse from somewhere, remote, gate control etc
(21-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Slick19000 Wrote:    
Hi.

Hi,

Do you know if this cable was used in the first place? As it might of never been used. If broken on one end, it should still  be connected into the board on the other end? If so, what terminal is this connected into? You can find this out by either belling it out, or simply tracing it back by hand.

-Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faac 415 can't reset from manual to operate mode Stephen Q 1 1,151 18-03-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: RXH
  Faac 455d Grantplant 1 2,214 13-11-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Aiden Mitton
  FAAC 740 limited travel LoneStarCycler 0 2,905 24-06-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: LoneStarCycler
  FAAC 400 cbac LN 104202 obey gates 1 7,386 21-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: SamA
  FAAC gates help - code change from previous owners trekkerglenn 3 5,287 14-11-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: benbrooks
  FAAC sensors and Beninca R16E motor Beachcomber 7 10,644 20-07-2022, 09:50 AM
  Faac 455 beginner help please Ghutson70@gmail.com 2 8,410 30-05-2022, 09:12 AM
  Faac C721 trips mains when connecting transformer Gatehelp 3 6,763 24-05-2022, 08:36 AM
  Faac Ufo Rail manual to auto mode TibiHu 1 4,925 07-03-2022, 11:03 AM
Last Post: JamieF
  Faac 455d Control Panel with XF868 Receiver Dec 3 7,428 04-01-2022, 09:42 AM
Last Post: JamieF