Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Bernal Rallye C
Hi, after some help if possible.

My door mechanism was stuck and turned out to a simple fix that things has seized up.. WD40 applied and all worked well..
However, I attempted to put the cover back on, the door moved slightly (electronically, not by my moving it) and then stopped working altogether.

I know I slightly pulled a coupe of wires, which were the wall control and aerial.. They are secure now, but there is nothing working at all.
There is power, as the LED next to the manual override is on.. However, there is zero movement.

Had a garage door fitter around, but following some checks, he couldn't find the issue.. he did admit that electronics were not his strong point.

When I remove the circuit board, there is black on the transformer (connected to the motor which apparently brings the voltage down, i don't know). If this has gone, it's odd timing just after the thing was fixed... Could it be this or something completlely different..

Would appreciate any help out there.

Cheers
(17-03-2023, 01:10 PM)pco0206 Wrote: Hi, after some help if possible.

My door mechanism was stuck and turned out to a simple fix that things has seized up.. WD40 applied and all worked well..
However, I attempted to put the cover back on, the door moved slightly (electronically, not by my moving it) and then stopped working altogether.

I know I slightly pulled a coupe of wires, which were the wall control and aerial.. They are secure now, but there is nothing working at all.
There is power, as the LED next to the manual override is on.. However, there is zero movement.

Had a garage door fitter around, but following some checks, he couldn't find the issue.. he did admit that electronics were not his strong point.

When I remove the circuit board, there is black on the transformer (connected to the motor which apparently brings the voltage down, i don't know). If this has gone, it's odd timing just after the thing was fixed... Could it be this or something completlely different..

Would appreciate any help out there.

Cheers

Hi,

I would check the voltages on the below connections to make sure you have the correct voltage going in.

Transformer (terminals 1 and 2) you should be seeing 24v
Motor (terminal 3 red and terminal 4 green) you should be seeing 230v i believe but it may be low voltage 24v on this system. 

Be careful checking the motor connections as these are mains voltage and as its not a product we sell i cannot see on the manual if its 230v or 24v.

If all those voltages check out i would then take a look at the internal PCB (turn power off) to see if there is any damage.

if not, you can get a bit of cable and short between terminals 15 and 16 to see if the motor will move (this is just a Normally Open connection when shorted will give the motor a trigger to move)

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products