Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Nice gate stuck on open
We opened the gate with the fob  but then it did not close.
When we pressed button on fob nothing happened and there was no light.
So we freed the gate using the key and closed it putting it back on . Signal still did not work.
Later we noticed gate was open again without intervention.
It looks as though it's stuck on open or has gone into open mode. The receiver still does not ashow any lights.
Hi,

I hope you are well. May i ask, what have you got wired into your OPEN terminal on the PCB? As an open command can typically only be triggered by either the OPEN terminal, or the SBS terminal (open, stop, close). You should find if you wire a push button into SBS for example, this will open stop and close the gate. If you are using an aftermarket receiver which is only wired into the OPEN terminal, this could be your issue.

You may have also set the keyfob to open only, you could always do a reset of your receiver and then re learn the keyfobs in to see if this fixes the problem - as it may be a temporary glitch.

Finally, does your BUS have any flashing lights on it? If so, what is the sequence?
If you could also let me know the model of your Nice panel, i may be able to assist further.

Kind regards
- Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
Actually the gate, control panel and Fobs have been working fine up til now.
The other day we pressed the fob and gate opened, we went through and then it did not close as it was supposed to. We tried the fob and the control panel but it appeared not to be taking the signal. It stayed open; so we put it the gate on manual and closed it. The next morning it started working again but same fault developed 2 hrs later. And then next day it started working for an hour and then stayed open.
When its stuck on open it appears not to take any signal from fob or control panel and there is no flashing light. When it temporarily comes back to life it takes the signal and the light flashes.
(18-06-2021, 11:49 AM)akkers Wrote: Actually the gate, control panel and Fobs have been working fine up til now.
The other day we pressed the fob and gate opened, we went through and then it did not close as it was supposed to. We tried the fob and the control panel but it appeared not to be taking the signal. It stayed open; so we put it the gate on manual and closed it. The next morning it started working again but same fault developed 2 hrs later. And then next day it started working for an hour and then stayed open.
When its stuck on open it appears not to take any signal from fob or control panel and there is no flashing light. When it temporarily comes back to life it takes the signal and the light flashes.

Hi,

This could possibly be an issue with the receiver itself. You could try wiring in a push button to the SBS terminal, or even shorting between these two terminals if you do not currently own a push button. This will be able to determine if the fault is being caused by your receiver, or if it is another issue.

Kind regards
-Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
I am not convinced its the receiver. When it first happened and then next day it started working for a while it was receiving and opening again.

I am now thinking that it may be the photocell (obstruction) sensors that may be playing up. It would make sense. If they dont transmit an ok signal then the systems i not going to allow the gate to shut or respond to any signals. If it is sensors, can they be repaired or do they both need to be replaced?

Any thoughts?
(15-06-2021, 10:28 AM)akkers Wrote: We opened the gate with the fob  but then it did not close.
When we pressed button on fob nothing happened and there was no light.
So we freed the gate using the key and closed it putting it back on . Signal still did not work.
Later we noticed gate was open again without intervention.
It looks as though it's stuck on open or has gone into open mode. The receiver still does not ashow any lights.

Hi,

This sounds like a photocell issue, could you please tell me what how many flashes does the bluebus light indicate followed by a pause?

Regards 
Mike
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Came ZA3 gates stuck open Ivorwindybottom 0 258 18-02-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Ivorwindybottom
  Disable Open hold On NICE NC824 paul@blxnetworks.co.uk 4 1,671 02-10-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Nice Gates not closing StuL 1 1,349 24-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Holding the Gate Open mgb 1 3,463 11-07-2023, 01:35 PM
  Nice Moonbus Photocells - Faulty? ddaddy 2 1,932 11-07-2023, 01:33 PM
  FAAC 740 Sliding gate Just closes or Stops Paul L 1 3,754 03-07-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Nice HS400 Andruelectricgates 0 904 09-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Andruelectricgates
  BFT gate and Hikvision wiring help Gowrie 0 3,372 26-05-2023, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Gowrie
  Control Unit CLB202 Gate leaf learning issue Kaala1 0 3,295 25-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Kaala1
  Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom to Nice Robus 600 gate motor help j1000 20 16,191 15-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Nemen3242