Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Gate sensors does not work when raining
Hi. I don't know anything about the gate opener. I use a Genius sliding gage about 4 years ago. It works really well, but in recent days I notice the receiver sensor has a problem when it rains (the sensors do not pick up the signal but when the sun shines another day it works again). When I turn off the power and turn it on again the red light (two dots) flash then stop. It is supposed to be steady. Please help me to see what caused this problem (the sensors or something in the board?). I ask a man to repair it but he advice me to replace the whole that includes the monitor (while it still working well).
Hi,
Are you referring to the receiver end of your photocells? If so, the rain could be obstructing the photocell beam. Especially if the beam isn't very strong, due to being at its max range - rain could cause intermittence in the beam. I would recommend the following below.

- Check the alignment of the cells
- Check the max range of the cells
- Check that the cells have not been damaged internally by water ingress

I would not replace a kit just yet, especially when it is just a photocell fault showing. Firstly, i would fault find the cells - a replacement pair of cells may possibly be needed.
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(01-06-2021, 02:56 PM)JamieF Wrote: Hi,
Are you referring to the receiver end of your photocells? If so, the rain could be obstructing the photocell beam. Especially if the beam isn't very strong, due to being at its max range - rain could cause intermittence in the beam. I would recommend the following below.

I would not replace a kit just yet, especially when it is just a photocell fault showing. Firstly, i would fault find the cells - a replacement pair of cells may possibly be needed.

Hi
Thank you very much. You help me a lot. But the cells am using are Genius, I tried to find them but due to the Covid so I could not buy them from elsewhere outside Australia. Do you think I can use another brand? Because when I ask the professional man he wants me to replace the whole things. Once again thank you.
(02-06-2021, 03:02 AM)vanbinh Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 02:56 PM)JamieF Wrote: Hi,

Hi
Thank you very much. You help me a lot. But the cells am using are Genius, I tried to find them but due to the Covid so I could not buy them from elsewhere outside Australia. Do you think I can use another brand? Because when I ask the professional man he wants me to replace the whole things. Once again thank you.

Hi,
If you could let me know the actual model of the PCB you are using to control your gate (control panel), i will be able to let you know the type of cells to use. If you would like to email some images in of your gate panel and current photocells to info@easygates.co.uk (FAO Jamie), i will be able to recommend a pair of photocells suitable for replacement.

I hope this helps.
Kind regards,
-Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nice gate openers John Thorpe 1 3,788 19-08-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  CB11 gate opener testing me!!!! lou trudge 0 5,083 22-12-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: lou trudge
  Gate Rail Sweeper/Brush Privateersman 0 6,702 10-02-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Privateersman
  GIBIDI gate motor closing problem davidcunningham 0 8,730 26-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: davidcunningham
  Swing Gate arm not moving! a64664137 4 16,791 19-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Help identifying electric gate fob Nick180582 5 23,279 22-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  Diatem Gate Keypad - removing cover hazel.luskin@gmail.com 0 7,347 20-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Last Post: hazel.luskin@gmail.com
  electric gate servicing sparkey0151 1 12,322 02-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Sav
  BFT Oro Swing Gate Openers GGTech 2 13,392 02-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Last Post: GGTech
  Gate Security Level Irony 1 15,815 08-03-2014, 01:24 AM
Last Post: stephen70