Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
Hi
Hi everyone I’ve just finished installing a cantilever gate ( 7.4mt )which I also fabricated, the only issues I have are with the photo cells, the drive motor is a King Dynamos STAR 8 24/1000 once the cells are connected the gate won’t open.
(05-04-2021, 10:54 AM)Kevanm Wrote: Hi everyone I’ve just finished installing a cantilever gate ( 7.4mt )which I also fabricated, the only issues I have are with the photo cells, the drive motor is a King Dynamos STAR 8 24/1000 once the cells are connected the gate won’t open.

Hi,

I hope you are well. If the gates will not operate with photocells connected you will need to follow the steps below.
- Check continuity and polarity of all cables linking photocells to the board.
- Check photocells are aligned 
- Check if jumper settings are required on photocells / if a learning procedure is required

As the gate is 7.4m wide, it would be easy to miss align these cells. You could try disconnecting the photocells from the panel and re-wiring them so they are around 50cm away from each other for test purposes. If they work now, it was an alignment issue. If they don't, it will be a polarity, continuity, or set up issue.

If you have no luck and would like to look into this further, you will need to get the make and model number of the control unit itself.

I hope this helps.

- Jamie
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters