Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Mhouse left gate not closing properly
Sometimes my left gate closes with no problem but more often it starts to close but then stops and reopens - if I close again straight away it closes with no problem - so I’m thinking this isn’t a mechanical problem as it always closes fine on the second attempt - anybody have any ideas?

Opens fine by the way every time.
Hi,

Usually this is related to the motor drawing too much current causing the control panel to trigger a safety function as it thinks there is too much friction and relates this too an obstacle being present. I would first check if the ram requires greasing to alleviate as much friction as possible on the arm mechanics. I would also check the if you are able to open and close the gate freely with the arm manually released, I would advise moving it by holding onto the motor bracket, moving the gate at the end of the leaf will not give an accurate feel as this is not where the motor pulls and pushes on the gate. It would also be advised to check the mounting A and B measurements as if they are slightly out of the manufacturers guidelines it can put strain on the motor over time and cause faults like this to occur

To check whether the motor is causing the gate to reverse or the panel I would advise to swap the motor terminals over, if the issue persists on the same motor it will be relating to that motor directly. If the swaps to the other motor it could be relating to a potential control board issue.

How long has the system been installed?
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
(05-02-2021, 10:48 AM)RyanB Wrote: Hi,

Usually this is related to the motor drawing too much current causing the control panel to trigger a safety function as it thinks there is too much friction and relates this too an obstacle being present. I would first check if the ram requires greasing to alleviate as much friction as possible on the arm mechanics. I would also check the if you are able to open and close the gate freely with the arm manually released, I would advise moving it by holding onto the motor bracket, moving the gate at the end of the leaf will not give an accurate feel as this is not where the motor pulls and pushes on the gate. It would also be advised to check the mounting A and B measurements as if they are slightly out of the manufacturers guidelines it can put strain on the motor over time and cause faults like this to occur

To check whether the motor is causing the gate to reverse or the panel I would advise to swap the motor terminals over, if the issue persists on the same motor it will be relating to that motor directly. If the swaps to the other motor it could be relating to a potential control board issue.

How long has the system been installed?

Many thanks for all this information- much appreciated.

The system has been installed for nearly 20 years now, so I guess it wouldn’t be a surprise things are starting to go a bit strange.

I’ll try your suggestions - many thanks again for your help with this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mhouse cl2 error p2 and p3 flashes Ragnarevartov 1 300 20-03-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Aiden Mitton
  Mhouse cl2 ESBus error - gate not operating yeatsie 1 963 30-01-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Where can I find Electric sliding gate opener NICE ROBUS Spare Parts Mogahid Abbas 1 1,198 29-08-2023, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Mhouse left gate blocking full open when initialising gates neil.conner 1 1,172 24-08-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Aiden Mitton
  Mhouse SL1 won't close correctly Dartman 5 7,402 03-02-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: JoeF
  Mhouse WH2S not opening SamGate 4 3,597 10-10-2022, 09:46 AM
  MHouse SL10 closes, but doesn't open cambo 1 2,998 19-08-2022, 09:29 AM
Last Post: benbrooks
  MHouse SL1-10 partial close NAT 5 6,903 30-05-2022, 09:15 AM
Last Post: SamA
  Mhouse WS2 Gates not closing together pauln0301 1 5,208 13-04-2022, 11:18 AM
  Mhouse WG20 Alex74 1 5,726 04-02-2022, 11:05 AM