Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Unbelieveable service
Can you believe this? I have just had a new wooden gate post fitted by the local firm that fitted the automation. I had a look after they had re-hung the 12' farm gate . The bottom hinge was taking all the weight. There was a gap on the top hinge so it was taking no weight. The gate was fitted by two lads. I asked the boss to have a look.  He said " Absolutely no problem at all , once the automation hardware has been fitted, the weight will redistribute and the gap will close.' As anyone with any nouse will know the only two things that could close the gap are either the bottom hinge moving down  or the wooden gate warping which it did and the automation is misaligned as a result. Additionally they planted the new post into a rain collecting depression so the water has no where to go except down the sides of the post.
The boss claims he's inspected the gate in my absence and all is OK and under a 2 year warranty! I was not present at the inspection and he now refuses to come out and let me show him the things I'm unhappy about. The mechanism is a BFT Thalia P. Some of the parts are being pushed into positions they were never designed to accommodate thus introducing the slow process of metal fatigue.
What can I do about it? I have videoed the problem so there will be a record when things start giving problems in 4-5 years.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service Engineers for NICE Swing Gates Winchmore 1 11,710 27-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Sav